Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is always hit and miss and as always we land more on the miss side. I don't think Brands can be held responsible for the current situation though, it is still possible they could click as for one reason or another we have had a disjointed start. If we could just hand out one good thrashing I think that would boost the confidence and we would be on a roll from that point on.

There is a side there. but there must be a concern that we're reverting to a Martinez like side that is nice to look at but lacks the winning mentality. You sensed with Martinez that half the problem was he was so dogmatic with his approach, when perhaps a bit more pragmatism would have helped us 'win ugly' when required.

There is a side there. but there must be a concern that we're reverting to a Martinez like side that is nice to look at but lacks the winning mentality. You sensed with Martinez that half the problem was he was so dogmatic with his approach, when perhaps a bit more pragmatism would have helped us 'win ugly' when required.
He threw the Moyes baby out with the bathwater, when all that was needed was to take off the handbrake / Knife to... etc that Moyes had running through his teams like a stick of rock.
Early days yet but I hope the Silva and Allardyce succession, doesn't turn out to be a Martinez/Moyes 2.0 re-hash...but without Lukaku's goals to keep us safe

He threw the Moyes baby out with the bathwater, when all that was needed was to take off the handbrake / Knife to... etc that Moyes had running through his teams like a stick of rock.
Early days yet but I hope the Silva and Allardyce succession, doesn't turn out to be a Martinez/Moyes 2.0 re-hash...but without Lukaku's goals to keep us safe
wouldnt put moyes in with them lot.
he made some bad decisions against the top 4 (as it was then) granted and wasnt great in europe, fiorentina away comes to mind (got absolutely battered), but against the lower teams he knew how to beat them, going to a home game you were almost guaranteed a win or a draw, If we went down 1-0 you knew there would be a period of dominance coming up where we would score, I think it was mancini that said its always a hard game coming here, even through injuries we would still get results cahill playing as striker, pienaar leaving for spurs, baines carried on playing as if nothing had happened.

If nothing else, I would offer him the assistant managers job,

he made some bad decisions against the top 4 (as it was then) granted and wasnt great in europe, fiorentina away comes to mind (got absolutely battered), but against the lower teams he knew how to beat them, going to a home game you were almost guaranteed a win or a draw, If we went down 1-0 you knew there would be a period of dominance coming up where we would score, I think it was mancini that said its always a hard game coming here, even through injuries we would still get results cahill playing as striker, pienaar leaving for spurs, baines carried on playing as if nothing had happened.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

A better piece of pure blue tinted revisionism I haven't seen in many a long day.

Not including steadying things at West Ham, Moyes bombed big time at Man U, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Clubs aren`t exactly queuing up to offer him jobs.

Maybe it`s because football has moved on since he left us and quite simply, he hasn`t.

He`s the heir apparent to Sam Allardyce, a manager who is appointed around Christmas time, by a club that`s in trouble.

We gave him his platform to the big time, he blew it.

We owe him nothing at all.

Not that I agree, but what makes you think A) Moyes would be willing to accept a lower role than he's used to and B) that Silva, his staff and current assistant manager would accept that setup? If Brands forced it on them it would just cause a rift and derail our season further. Personally I feel looking for answers in the past isn't the best thing to do, we need to look forward and we need to give Silva a season at least. Looking for security in Moyes etc will only ever gaurentee us mid table imo.

you were making sense.....up until the last sentence :(

No pressure Marcel after replacing 3 of the back 4 and wide positions in the summer we now need basically every other position. Three midfielders and a striker now please.

We're an Arteta and Lukaku away from consistent top 6 finishes imo. Over the next 2 windows I'm sure Marcel Brands will deliver.

I still think we need three first choice midfielders. One defensive, one deep lying creativity, then either a proper box to box or a proper number 10. Not non entities like Siggurdson. Moshiri will also have to shell out for a striker again after spending out on Tosun Rooney Sandro already.

Status
Not open for further replies.