Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands has done a world class job within 3 months so stop your moaning.

Signed us international players with pedigree to be wanted by all the top club's and once richarldson has had a year or two behind him he will be off there also.

The team will be flying when everyone is fit. So stop complaining and stop blaming anyone who you feel like for why the crap team is still crap with the new faces still getting fit. We are 6 weeks into a 9 months season, I am confident that this team will really pick up the pace once we have our better players playing.

Brands has done a world class job within 3 months so stop your moaning.

Signed us international players with pedigree to be wanted by all the top club's and once richarldson has had a year or two behind him he will be off there also.

The team will be flying when everyone is fit. So stop complaining and stop blaming anyone who you feel like for why the crap team is still crap with the new faces still getting fit. We are 6 weeks into a 9 months season, I am confident that this team will really pick up the pace once we have our better players playing.
Couldn't agree more

Goals win games, apparently. It's all the rage, you identify a player who can score goals, you sign them. Job done. It's that simple really.

As it's the second summer that we haven't signed a new striker, it does beg the question of whether there simply aren't many good ones out there. I'm sure they're well aware of our shortcoming up front.

We've signed Cenk, Walcott and Richarlison in the last 9 months. If we had signed anyone top top class (HA- like they will come to us!!) it would have relegated Cenk to the bench without even given him a fair crack of the whip. He just needs to show the form he had in the CL for his previous club, maybe he does and we save ourselves a few bob not having another transitioning forward until we get good enough to attract someone we all want or young Henry steps up to the plate.

We've signed Cenk, Walcott and Richarlison in the last 9 months. If we had signed anyone top top class (HA- like they will come to us!!) it would have relegated Cenk to the bench without even given him a fair crack of the whip. He just needs to show the form he had in the CL for his previous club, maybe he does and we save ourselves a few bob not having another transitioning forward until we get good enough to attract someone we all want or young Henry steps up to the plate.

Indeed, and we bought Sandro before them, who whether we like it or not, had a decent record in Spain, and the lad who has been on loan in Belgium for work permit reasons. It would be awesome if we could unearth another Lukaku, but they're not exactly growing on trees are they? The fact that he's been our best striker since Lineker should highlight that.

Indeed, and we bought Sandro before them, who whether we like it or not, had a decent record in Spain, and the lad who has been on loan in Belgium for work permit reasons. It would be awesome if we could unearth another Lukaku, but they're not exactly growing on trees are they? The fact that he's been our best striker since Lineker should highlight that.

It is always hit and miss and as always we land more on the miss side. I don't think Brands can be held responsible for the current situation though, it is still possible they could click as for one reason or another we have had a disjointed start. If we could just hand out one good thrashing I think that would boost the confidence and we would be on a roll from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.