Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands could stamp his authority all over the job in the next two weeks by stopping the pursuit of Silva.

He just can’t be 100% on board with a guy we wanted in the job six months ago when he was comfortably still in his post at PSV. Of all the managers globally it would be a ludicrous coincidence to think that Brands believes Silva is the most suitable for us.

I think Silva is all but done but if Brands forced a rethink on it then that would mark him down as the antidote we need to the waving through culture we have had at the club.
Spot on.

I reckon if it is Silva then I'll find it difficult to accept that it was actually Brands' choice from the beginning considering how long he's been linked for.

Sorry for the late reply,

I feel like his signing usually are direct improvements from the currents ones. Ofcourse nobody is perfect so he doesn’t have a 100% score.

At psv there was a structure, Technical Manager(Brands) and like a kind of GM.(Gebrands). Brands was directly responsible for the transfer movements and setting up scouting departments. He also oversaw the youth academy however we had a seperate manager for that. He is close with communicating with his trainer and has patience. However he doesn’t hold back from hard decisions.

Another trait, he seems like the only guy in my country that seem to be able to deal with Raiola and not fight.

Thanks for the response bud.

He seems too good to be true, particularly the taming of Raiola, hah. x

Hiring Lozano will be signed very soon mate, signed on with Riaola about ten days ago, Brands signed him last summer and now he's moved agent to Brands one, and we know how Riaolo likes to organise a big nice money move after taking in clients, hell it's likely a promise he makes them to get them signing up initially with him.

But can see that deal happening fast, gives PSV a nice 30+ million to allow the new dof for them some leeway financially as well.

Pure speculation as well, but wouldn't rule out either if both Klassen and Onyekuru going the other way to PSV on loan, as part of a sweeter for them.

Wouldn't shock me if we see one or two others signing up soon with Riaola as well before coming here.
Makes a lot of sense that.

Yeah saw those quotes, very interesting, totally agree with "it wont be fixed in 1 summer", its honestly totally unrealistic to assume it will be.

As I keep boring everybody, our first team squad currently stands at almost 40 first team players.

Its not FM, we cant just lash them all on the transfer list, most of them have big massive fat contracts that they wont be in a rush to take a pay cut on.

I just hope we as a fanbase can give Brands and the new manager a settling in period, very unlikely I know, but a man can dream.
if we haven't won the league by Christmas I want him sacked lol

Well thankfully, I think its safe to say we dont currently have a "gem", you know a Lukaku or a Stones, but as I say we do have numbers, so whilst we might have to take a few hits, theres enough "cash" roaming around the squad to sign a few players.

Will be a very 1 sided summer tho for sure, I can see twice as many outs then ins and I think everybody will be happy, in a perfect world.

This transfer window will be utterly obscene tho, honestly the prices that will be floating around are going to be quite scary.
Hopefully we get business done early and not sign a 1 hit wonder from the world cup that turns out to be gash

I wonder if he’ll basically say to a head coach. Here’s the squad you’ve got for the season until January. Go and work with it. Silva (or whoever) would then have to work with whatever tools he then has so if that means playing Lookman and Vlasic etc because they’re the only ones available then that would force development of young players and stops the situation we saw in the summer of Koeman making some signings and Walsh making some.

Hopefully we get business done early and not sign a 1 hit wonder from the world cup that turns out to be gash

Just under a month till the World Cup.

The clever clubs will get the bulk of their business done before a ball is kicked, but the cleverer clubs will hold on to their players in the hope they have a baller World Cup, the even clevererer clubs will wait and pick the cream off.

All in all, this summer will not be a pretty watch, its going to be X rated for everyone.

35m will become the old school 5m punt.

It frightens me, in 4months people will be saying that we did well to pay 45m for Iceland.

I wonder if he’ll basically say to a head coach. Here’s the squad you’ve got for the season until January. Go and work with it. Silva (or whoever) would then have to work with whatever tools he then has so if that means playing Lookman and Vlasic etc because they’re the only ones available then that would force development of young players and stops the situation we saw in the summer of Koeman making some signings and Walsh making some.

And what if, I mean im sure this hasnt crossed your mind, but what if Vlasic, Lookman etc, just arent very good?

And what if, I mean im sure this hasnt crossed your mind, but what if Vlasic, Lookman etc, just arent very good?

Well whichever players Brands seems are good enough. It would be a mechanism to stop short termist signings from different managers all the time.

Well whichever players Brands seems are good enough. It would be a mechanism to stop short termist signings from different managers all the time.

Which is something Brands has already spoken about.

Brands will sign ALL the players, he wont go to the manager and say "do you agree?", he will just do it, I would imagine its the same with sales.

Fresh eyes, impartial eyes who wont be swayed, he will do what he feels is best for the club, if that means giving Lookman and Vlasic a path to the first team, I think it will happen.

Very dangerous I know, but we simply gotta trust in the system, yes, the system that has badly let us down for the the last 2 years, but this system, its shiny and new!!!

Jury obviously still very much out on Vlasic but if we can't turn lookman into a top player we should just give up

I thought he was utterly dreadful for us.

Hes performing in Germany for sure, maybe the change is what he needed, seems like the type of player Silva would love to work with.

But hes not a gimme for me yet, he needs to perform in this league first.

Which is something Brands has already spoken about.

Brands will sign ALL the players, he wont go to the manager and say "do you agree?", he will just do it, I would imagine its the same with sales.

Fresh eyes, impartial eyes who wont be swayed, he will do what he feels is best for the club, if that means giving Lookman and Vlasic a path to the first team, I think it will happen.

Very dangerous I know, but we simply gotta trust in the system, yes, the system that has badly let us down for the the last 2 years, but this system, its shiny and new!!!

I don’t think Walsh was ever trusted to control the system. He didn’t have the authority and Koeman was clearly seen as the more knowledgeable one by the powers at Everton so you had a completely bizarre situation where one moment we’re buying Klaasen and Siggurdson on Koemans personal say so then he’s being given Lookman and Sandro who he may not have even wanted.

From the early noises on this it sounds like Brands has been targeted by Moshiri for a long time and will be in complete control. That has to be better than the circus which was going on before.

Status
Not open for further replies.