Everton branding

Status
Not open for further replies.
as opposed to 'lets keep everyone happy'
they want the name, the date, the motto, the tower, the laurels, can we cram it in to one crest, tell you what, lets make two dummy ones that are so bad everyone will pick the only passable one and all feel good about it.
Design by committee never works,
Whether you like or dislike this effort, it's good that the club are going about branding the right way.
"Branding the right way" = demolishing a well known image that everyone identifies with Everton for what looks like a pocket square that everyone shakes their head at wondering wtf it has to do with Everton.

"Branding the right way" = demolishing a well known image that everyone identifies with Everton for what looks like a pocket square that everyone shakes their head at wondering wtf it has to do with Everton.

This about the seldom seen 3rd kit shirt?

If so, I dont mind it. Its instantly the tower, just with a modern twist to it. It will never make an appearance on the home and away kits, and rightly so.

But design is always a subjective opinion. Like bricks in a new ground.

"The brand owns an aesthetic that feels premium and aspirational, yet democratic and of the people, delivering excellence to those who deserve it."

Any ideas what this means? I put it through Google Translate and it just linked me to a gif of animals shagging so I'm none the wiser.

If so, I dont mind it. Its instantly the tower, just with a modern twist to it. It will never make an appearance on the home and away kits, and rightly so.

Eh? It's on the back of the home and away kits.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. There's a video on the club site showing the evolution of the badge on the first team kit and I dont think I'm the only one who thinks they are preparing the ground for this 'Tower' to be the new badge. They are lashing it on just about everything else and it looks unstoppable.

Im not against it, I’d have just liked them to have an opaque version of this, would have been simple and effective, for me.

Attachments

• 2521B512-86E2-4220-A310-7DC858D37A0C.jpeg
    2521B512-86E2-4220-A310-7DC858D37A0C.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 53

you're mixing up your opinion of the outcome to the process.
Like I said, it's not about whether you like it or not.
The club has slowly seeded this over the past 18 months or so, creating a brand that will be unique.
They've carried out the process the correct way, whether you're happy with how it looks is not the point I'm making.
I'm impressed with the way the club have developed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.