Everton Board Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of these divvies making a decision on the small matter of who the manager is going to be?

23rd October----->9th November

Nothing.

Aye, there's still 9 days to go until our next game, and thereafter it's games galore: 12 matches up until 01 Jan.

A decision and announcement needs to be made now so at least everyone knows where they stand. My shout is give Unsy a trial until the end of the season. Let him work with the team with the knowledge he's got that amount of time.

Worst-case: we continue relegation form and have to bring a firefighter in after all. But we're not at that worst case yet.

Aye, there's still 9 days to go until our next game, and thereafter it's games galore: 12 matches up until 01 Jan.

A decision and announcement needs to be made now so at least everyone knows where they stand. My shout is give Unsy a trial until the end of the season. Let him work with the team with the knowledge he's got that amount of time.

Worst-case: we continue relegation form and have to bring a firefighter in after all. But we're not at that worst case yet.
If it's a new manager then I'd wonder WTF they're dawdling for.

You can bet your bottom dollar if Cleverly had scored that pen on Sunday we'd have had a new manager announced by now.

Where's their urgency? Either declare Unsworth manager for the season or give a new man the two weeks to get in here and at least take a look around and get ready for some training sessions.

An appallingly dilatory bunch of clowns.

If it's a new manager then I'd wonder WTF they're dawdling for.

You can bet your bottom dollar if Cleverly had scored that pen on Sunday we'd have had a new manager announced by now.

Where's their urgency? Either declare Unsworth manager for the season or give a new man the two weeks to get in here and at least take a look around and get ready for some training sessions.

An appallingly dilatory bunch of clowns.

Clearly we are talking to people Dave.

The boy Mosh said he wants Diego, who is surely at the top of the list, no real need to panic, think they will do it on a week by week basis, if Unsworth can get results and we can limp to January, sign a few players to make it "easier" for him, then have a look in the Summer when managers are more eager to switch rather than mid season.

Its not ideal Dave, its really not, but the squad is broken, we would need houdini to come in and perform a magic trick, it wouldnt be fair to give somebody this squad mid season and say "Get results", its to Unsys credit he got us 3 points last week, granted there was a massive chunk of luck, but it shows theres desire from the players to get results.

I mean Unsy or any of the other names mentioned, Unsys prolly on abar 200k a year, doubt there would be a MASSIVE difference in paying Big Sam 6m a year to do almost the same job.

Clearly we are talking to people Dave.

The boy Mosh said he wants Diego, who is surely at the top of the list, no real need to panic, think they will do it on a week by week basis, if Unsworth can get results and we can limp to January, sign a few players to make it "easier" for him, then have a look in the Summer when managers are more eager to switch rather than mid season.

Its not ideal Dave, its really not, but the squad is broken, we would need houdini to come in and perform a magic trick, it wouldnt be fair to give somebody this squad mid season and say "Get results", its to Unsys credit he got us 3 points last week, granted there was a massive chunk of luck, but it shows theres desire from the players to get results.

I mean Unsy or any of the other names mentioned, Unsys prolly on abar 200k a year, doubt there would be a MASSIVE difference in paying Big Sam 6m a year to do almost the same job.
Unsworth auditioning on a game-by-game basis is a ridiculous way to control this situation. I dont doubt you could be right on that, but it just underlines what a bunch of out of touch clowns these people are.

Unsworth auditioning on a game-by-game basis is a ridiculous way to control this situation. I dont doubt you could be right on that, but it just underlines what a bunch of out of touch clowns these people are.

You just gotta see this mess of a season out and hope something can be salvaged in the next 2 windows to get us back on an even keel for next season.

Any chance of these divvies making a decision on the small matter of who the manager is going to be?

23rd October----->9th November

Nothing.
Well according to Allardyce on talksport there has been no negotiations, allied to this there has been allegededly no contact with Dyche either. I'm just hoping we are quietly negotiating with Tuchel but either way if unsworth has been given the nod to carry on, you'd think the board would have made a statement by now.

This is the same situation Bilic was under at West Ham, he was managing on a week to week basis by the end of his time there. That is no way to run a club, you would hope we have more class than conduct ourselves in that way.

Don't be too hard on them - Board members have feelings too...

LH-cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.