Everton Announce Leadership Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really hoping for experienced external appointments to bring fresh ideas. I dare say that some of the 'promotions' are deserved, but it does just feel as though it's mainly the same old team with fancy new titles (and no doubt increased salaries)
:coffee:

I cant see how any promotions are deserved when the club has failed miserably in all aspects at board room level for over 25 years.

Not sure titles and structures make much of a difference...it is the calibre of the person doing the work that counts most.
Is there any reason to think the people are any good at what they are now being asked to do?

Bloody hell, there is more than a whiff of people dictating their own titles in that list.

Reminds me of working at Tesco as a student - there was a title for everybody - provisional deputy assistant part-time stock controller etc.

It sounds very top heavy. What on earth is a director of football strategy - isn’t that Marco Silva?

What I find surprising is that some of these roles have not been left to Brands to fill, notably that football strategy one. He can’t have been in on every appointment as well as Silva’s.

On a slightly more serious note, I hope this is a sign of Denise stamping her personal authority, that she possesses in spades, at the club.

We desperately need all of these people to be given targets and held accountable for delivery.

Bloody hell, there is more than a whiff of people dictating their own titles in that list.

Reminds me of working at Tesco as a student - there was a title for everybody - provisional deputy assistant part-time stock controller etc.

It sounds very top heavy. What on earth is a director of football strategy - isn’t that Marco Silva?

What I find surprising is that some of these roles have not been left to Brands to fill, notably that football strategy one. He can’t have been in on every appointment as well as Silva’s.

On a slightly more serious note, I hope this is a sign of Denise stamping her personal authority, that she possesses in spades, at the club.

We desperately need all of these people to be given targets and held accountable for delivery.

With the exception of one (who was employed locally in football) - arent they all existing or previous club employees?

I don’t see it as much of a restructuring to be honest, just people changing jobs or changes of titles.

Disappointed as massive improvement is needed in many of those key positions and good governance needs establishing.

With the exception of one (who was employed locally in football) - arent they all existing or previous club employees?

I was more hoping that she will start to hold them to account really. I have never met the woman but just hear anecdotes that she is rather a determined lady, I hope she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.