Everton Announce Leadership Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, there is more than a whiff of people dictating their own titles in that list.

It sounds very top heavy. What on earth is a director of football strategy - isn’t that Marco Silva?

On a slightly more serious note, I hope this is a sign of Denise stamping her personal authority, that she possesses in spades, at the club.

We desperately need all of these people to be given targets and held accountable for delivery.

It has the distinct whiff of a chief exec surrounding herself with people she gets on with, as opposed to a chief exec seeking out the best people for the job via an open recruitment process.

Colour me unimpressed. Still, best give them a chance first. We have to be pleasantly suprised by something one of these days

Wasn't Grant Ingles the previously club secretary until a few years a go?

Now he's Finance Director?!

you would have thought Harris was bought on for stadium purposes.. to see his name not amongst the changes is a good thing

@davek

Keith Harris is Deputy Chairman of the Main Board.
These appointments are not to the main board.
The TBC position will inevitably be working for and reporting to Harris.

Restructuring the internal hierarchy of the club was undoubtedly needed and whilst these moves have been made relatively quickly, only time will tell if they're the right ones or not.

Somewhat disappointingly, the speed with which these moves have been made tends to suggest that little or no looking outside the club or people well known to the club i.e. former employees has taken place.

It's June, and the next AGM will likely be January/February time next year, so this 'new' structure has approx 6-7 months to make an impact and demonstrate that the much needed boost to our finances from advertising, sponsorships and corporate partnerships is happening... lest we fall still further behind the earnings of the teams we aspire to challenge.

I wish them well because without genuinely serious and influential business acumen and networking skills, together with a clear strategy of what they're selling and to whom and for how much, they're likely to have their work cut out moving the club forward.

Actually when you read the background, there's a lot of very experience administrators in there.

We don't need administrators, we need people to get out and 'sell' the club on a global scale.
We need revenue and income generators, not bean counters.

A business can perform better inspired by a better leader..

Lets hope this happens with the club.

Its up to the CEO to get the best out of these people, inspire , rather than constrain.

All I heard about Elstone was he was an ego maniac who didnt trust anyone to get on with there jobs. Lets hope the new CEO allows these people to flourish.

We don't need administrators, we need people to get out and 'sell' the club on a global scale.

True, but we do also need people to make the business work on a day to day basis. Quality administrators do this dirty work, and do it well.

In fairness Andy sowm of these worked with DBB at EITC, so they are used to squeezing money out of cold hearted businesses for a good cause! ;)

Was really hoping for experienced external appointments to bring fresh ideas. I dare say that some of the 'promotions' are deserved, but it does just feel as though it's mainly the same old team with fancy new titles (and no doubt increased salaries)
:coffee:

Multiple ways to look at it...it can also be used as a way to hold them more culpable should they not perform. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.