Everton Announce Leadership Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you calling for an army of company reps. ?
I'm calling for the club to develop a team of business professionals to dramatically improve all areas of our commercial activities and on a global scale.

Look at the yawning chasm between our revenue generation figures and those of the RS, Spurs etc etc - we're miles behind and we need to improve massively, both on and off the field.

In fairness Andy sowm of these worked with DBB at EITC, so they are used to squeezing money out of cold hearted businesses for a good cause! ;)
That's all well and good mate, but we need to grow and that to me means getting out around the globe and 'selling' Everton to a whole new commercial and corporate community.

I was more hoping that she will start to hold them to account really. I have never met the woman but just hear anecdotes that she is rather a determined lady, I hope she is.

She can be as determined as she wants, but running and growing a business against massive competitors is not the same as running EiTC. It’s like putting one of the Charity MD’s in charge of M&S......

I'm calling for the club to develop a team of business professionals to dramatically improve all areas of our commercial activities and on a global scale.

Look at the yawning chasm between our revenue generation figures and those of the RS, Spurs etc etc - we're miles behind and we need to improve massively, both on and off the field.

It has been a disgrace that we have never approached this in a professional manner. This latest one looks like re arranging deck chairs......

Restructuring the internal hierarchy of the club was undoubtedly needed and whilst these moves have been made relatively quickly, only time will tell if they're the right ones or not.

Somewhat disappointingly, the speed with which these moves have been made tends to suggest that little or no looking outside the club or people well known to the club i.e. former employees has taken place.

It's June, and the next AGM will likely be January/February time next year, so this 'new' structure has approx 6-7 months to make an impact and demonstrate that the much needed boost to our finances from advertising, sponsorships and corporate partnerships is happening... lest we fall still further behind the earnings of the teams we aspire to challenge.

I wish them well because without genuinely serious and influential business acumen and networking skills, together with a clear strategy of what they're selling and to whom and for how much, they're likely to have their work cut out moving the club forward.
I think the clear definition of roles is the important point here and that should lead to more accountability.

As fans we tend to like big gestures, managers being sacked and hired, players being bought and sold, board members being removed and appointed but that is not a recipe for success... quite the opposite.

I think the new CEO is putting here stamp on the management of the club and what we will see going forward is the non performing directors move on and then being replaced until a productive set of directors is in place. But, I expect that will take some time and be low key.

Status
Not open for further replies.