Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo the other week against Brighton (I know we won, but point still stands)
Forgot that one. I didn’t go the arsenal home game, but I remember listening on 5 live. Supposedly unbiased. When torreiera put his arms above his head to deflect the ball away, I remember the commentators saying. Oh he could be in trouble, Then it changed to it doesn’t look good for him. To that looks like a definite penalty and the original decision will be overturned. To......disbelief when it wasn’t given.

Having a second look at it, surely that’s a penalty on Siggurdson??

Of course not. It's March and still not a single PK for Everton. Not a betting man, but actually want to put a fat load of cash on the Blues going the season without a single PK in league play.

Meanwhile seen Jags given a red and four match vacation for less.

Of course not. It's March and still not a single PK for Everton. Not a betting man, but actually want to put a fat load of cash on the Blues going the season without a single PK in league play.

Meanwhile seen Jags given a red and four match vacation for less.
have not had a pen since last march if i am right,that chelsea game sig missed then scored rebound

Gylfi should have just scored. That’s two in a row now where he’s been less than a yard out and somehow found the keeper by trying to toe poke it.

Gylfi should have just scored. That’s two in a row now where he’s been less than a yard out and somehow found the keeper by trying to toe poke it.

I hate him passionately, but to be fair, he was fouled for the final minute chance. I don’t blame him anymore for that. (The other 90 mins on the other hand)

One thing overlooked in this controversay ...what an an absolute peach of a ball to Gylfi from Bernard . The only player we have that can do that.
Got to play more instead of the hapless Walcott.

Siggurdsson should've just got up and got his lazy arse out of the way. It wasn't exactly a split second after his shot was DCL's effort, instead he just lay there like a dope and it's cost us.

That said Siggy in the way or not it's a goal as De Gea had a clean view of the ball as he was clearly going the other way before the deflection. Because of that I'm not sure VAR would've chalked it off had it been a 'big 6' club that had scored it.

Why is Siggy sat there though the tit, if he makes an effort to get up out the way the goal would have stood.

He's not blocking De gea's line of sight to the ball though, De gea can see all of the ball and DCL, he moves the right way for where the shot is going.
Theres literally nothing he could do that wouldn't have been called off. If he gets up he's obstructing his vision. If he stays he's somehow obstructing his vision whilst sitting on the floor. He was fouled and that should have been a pen if that wasn't a goal but of course the refs are pathetic at their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.