Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate in Lisbon went to the derby match & said they were dire - he reckons we'll stroll it. Mind you, he supports Man Ure so he thinks every match will be a stroll!

Cant wait for this game now, i,ll be over early tuesday for first game since benfica at home(n), i think we will have too much about us at home with the momemtum from wednesday for sporting to deal with.

Im going to go with 2-0 to us, i think sporting will sit deep and look to counter attack so i think we will have plenty of possesion and territory leading to a barrage of crosses into their box from baines and donovan for either saha or timmy to head us infront and pienaar to finish it off.

4 0. We are more suited to play in Europe. They won't press as much so there's plenty of time and space for our slow and deliberate build up.
They don't play at breakneck speed so we'll be less likely to be caught by counter attack. If we can outpass them, we'll win big.

It's difficult for me to predict anything because I haven't seen much of Sporting this season, to be honest. The last time I saw them play Paulo Bento was in charge, so I'm sure Carvalhal will have changed things around a bit, in terms of style and formation.

I'm looking forward to the game, I think we'll finally get to show what we are about in Europe with a proper squad of players to pick from. The games against Benfica wasn't a true reflection of this team. Hopefully Osman and Arteta play like they did against Chelsea because both players will revel with the extra time and space on the ball European games allow you to have.

I'm a little be worried about a back four without Johnny Heitinga, that's one thing I'd say. Senderos has something to prove though, so hopefully he steps up to the plate.

Sporting have been playing like shi.te, this season.

Lately it has been a nightmare. 2-5 against Porto, 1-4 against Benfica, 4 defeats in a row and very poor draw yesterday, which makes it 5 matches in a row without a victory.

Cr@p chairman, cr@p managers all season long.

Absolute shi.te to be honest.

With the all the players coming back and the superior tempo, Everton might be on their way to the next stage without even sweating the jerseys.

4-1-3-2

Patricio
Abel
Grimi
Tonel
Carriço
Adrien
Moutinho
Izmailov
Vukcevic
Liedson
Saleiro

Take mention on Pedro Mendes. You all know what sort of player he is, and how composed he usually is. He looked like shi.te in the couple of matches he played.

Dont think they´ll pose much of a threat ,Set pieces will scare the [Poor language removed] out of them.If the same Everton turns up that played Chelsea we´ll batter them.;)

4-1-3-2

Patricio
Abel
Grimi
Tonel
Carriço
Adrien
Moutinho
Izmailov
Vukcevic
Liedson
Saleiro

Take mention on Pedro Mendes. You all know what sort of player he is, and how composed he usually is. He looked like shi.te in the couple of matches he played.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I'm guessing the likes of Pongolle, Matias Fernandez and Caicedo haven't impressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.