Europa league swerve or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had plenty of enjoyable Europa campaigns over the years and most of them didn't destroy our season. On the contrary, it made the seasons a lot better. The reason why it has become a bigger problem this season is that the club is being ran very poorly from the top down including directors, scouts and managers and it has all come to a head and has to be sorted out. I always want us to be in Europe and that is the same for next season, however for it not to turn into a disaster again we are going to need a full clean out of the rot in the club and that is throughout leadership, scouting, directing and players. Not sure even if that could (or will) be achieved in Summer but i think it would have to be for us to enjoy Europe again if we qualified.

I play 5-a-side on Thursday nights so the only real solution is for us to finish top four.

As part of the process of trying to become a top team you need to have European football to attract better players, build our reputation as one of the better clubs etc. You also need to be able to get into the later stages of the Europa if you have any hope of getting out of the CL group stages, so it is good practice for that. The Thursday-Sunday is no different from Wednesday-Saturday, you play 2 matches a week and they have to get used to it.

What do we reckon? The likelihood is we'll have plenty going on recruiting a new manager. Plus player recruitment can allegedly be more problematic in a world cup summer.

For me it's a needless distraction, based on the financial return.

We saw the mess it left us this season.

Anyone have any good pro Europa stances.

Discuss.

I say yes. We could do with the practise as we're obviously crap.

As a wise man once said, "You play to win the game"

We're a big club. Regardless of the upheaval we will be having this summer, we should always be striving to play in Europe. To think otherwise is to think small

Let's get the 7th place trophy, and if it's that much of a burden in the summer, play the kids in the qualification rounds.

Play the kids in it next year if we finish 7th. That would be a minimum of 10 guaranteed starts for the likes of DCL, Vlasic, Lookman, Dowell, Onyekuru, Feeney, Kenny, Baningime, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.