Europa League Qualification Poll

If seventh gets us into the Europa League, how would you feel ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think that only applies for CL Knock Out first round. The Groups are determined then the draw decides who is home first - so when it's a 10 team group it will be 1-5 seeded and 6-10 unseeded - let's say we're number 3 (for Round 3) - so the draw might be 1 v 7, 9 v 2, 8 v 3, 6 v 5, 4 v 10 then seeds 2, 3 and 5 would be away first whereas 1 and 4 would be home first). These numbers apply to every Group to (presumably) speed it up.
Cheers.

@ToffeeDan if we are seeded for the 3rd round draw does that have a bearing on whether we are home or away first ?

Not at all.

They allocate you into a pot with 9 other teams (5 seeded 1-5; 5 Unseeded 6-10), and basically they pull one from each side and thats basically it.

You'll know of the 5 opponents before the draw, so you can have yourself ready on easyjet ready to book your flights to Israel or something lol

Not at all.

They allocate you into a pot with 9 other teams (5 seeded 1-5; 5 Unseeded 6-10), and basically they pull one from each side and thats basically it.

You'll know of the 5 opponents before the draw, so you can have yourself ready on easyjet ready to book your flights to Israel or something lol
That's what I was thinking, but won't it be 10 opponents as the draw's in the middle of the 2nd. round and I'll be in southern Spain for The Cazorla Blues festival.

Not at all.

11 other teams probably. There's only one group of 10, four groups of 12.

That's what I was thinking, but won't it be 10 opponents as the draw's in the middle of the 2nd. round and I'll be in southern Spain for The Cazorla Blues festival.

Yeah, technically you're right lol

But lets hope we're away second, and we the opponent we get has fully wrapped up their tie in the first leg!

11 other teams probably. There's only one group of 10, four groups of 12.

We will be in a 12. Presently Ranked 13th with only one team with a higher ranking needing to qualify (Galatasaray). So we'll be 12 or 13 which puts us in Group 2 (12) or 3 (13). Only Group 1 will be 10 as - on allocating the teams to each group there is 29 in both halves and - the 30th seed would have gone into Group 1 (1,2,3,4,5 and back 10,9, 8, 7, 6 etc).

Here's the teams already in our group for the draw. To be joined by the winners from the earlier qualifying rounds...

Europa third round.png

Some rather attractive Western European destinations in there for an exciting excursion or two... or more?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.