Europa League Qualification Poll

If seventh gets us into the Europa League, how would you feel ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hark at the Discussion Police, telling us what we can and can't talk about.

We're in Europe lad, the prize at the end of it is a trophy and a group stage place in the Champions League.

Baffled that you're turning your nose up at it.

Er, the last time you got pulled up on telling fibs you went on a profile post rampage, raging out all over the shop.

Stalking me again, and no I haven't been 'telling fibs'. At any stage. @orly

Maybe if certain people hadn't behaved like absolute tits of the highest order I'd have posted who the source was.

Our good and very helpful mate, Bert Kassies has now updated his website with a list of "projected" placings where every team should be.

Realistically, we should easily progress through the qualifiers, as the standard isn't too difficult. Brondby the pick of the tricky ties we could face, but the group is where it gets interesting.

Could end up with Zenit, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Qarabag.
Or slightly better with fan friendly group of AC Milan, Legia Warsaw and Hertha Berlin.

Summer needs to hurry up now and be gone. I need my Euro fix.

@barneygumble The current position that Bert Kassies offers presumes that seeded teams progress which is a good start.. what we do know is as follows:

1. By tonight we will know the exact names of all the teams in next season's Europa (apart from any CL losers in CLQR3 or CLQR4 (such as Liverpool) or 3rd in Group Stages such as Man Utd and Arsenal (oh, hang on))..
2. Because the draw for round 2 is made at the same time as Rd 1 the list of possible 3rd round teams becomes a little clearer.
3. By July 6th we will know the exact composition of those EL2QR ties.
4. On July 6th we will be able to project the either/or teams in our 3rd QR Groupings for the draw.
5. This is important as the Groups have to exclude potential opponents (seed vs non-seed) from the same country. The 58 teams are divided into 4 groups of 12 and one of 10 all of approximately equal strength - Top seed goes in Group A, next B etc etc - We are currently 13th seeds - this means (at the moment) our potential opponent is one of the following 6 teams:

(Warning: This will change as teams do or don't win ties in Round 1 and may be affected by the 2nd Round draw)

FC Oleksandriya Ukraine
Olimpik Donetsk Ukraine
Slovan Bratislava Slovakia
FC Utrecht Nederland
AEK Larnaca Cyprus
Panionios Greece

Though it will be likely clear by 6th July. Then I should be able to eliminate the potential duplications that can arise from either side making Rd 3. This is easier to project for Round 4 because the either/or scenario of qualifiers will be avoided.

It only takes one shock to completely alter the complexion of the Groups from which UEFA determine the draw procedure.

Last edited:
@ToffeeDan if we are seeded for the 3rd round draw does that have a bearing on whether we are home or away first ?

No, I think that only applies for CL Knock Out first round. The Groups are determined then the draw decides who is home first - so when it's a 10 team group it will be 1-5 seeded and 6-10 unseeded - let's say we're number 3 (for Round 3) - so the draw might be 1 v 7, 9 v 2, 8 v 3, 6 v 5, 4 v 10 then seeds 2, 3 and 5 would be away first whereas 1 and 4 would be home first). These numbers apply to every Group to (presumably) speed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.