ESSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange obsession with biscuits in some of these posts.

I'm not surprised you can imagine..... you've a vivid imagination haven't you? You even imagined that someone who claimed to be a big Evertonian of over 35 yrs and season ticket holder for decades would have no idea who Dr France (AKA Dr Everton) was.

Hoist by your own Petard sir.... keep digging though, or should I have said keep dunking?
You are obsessed with Doctor France aren't you

Too much time on your hands

There will be a call to arms from the select groups if there was the remotest chance a bog standard supporter non member looked like getting voted in. Hence a selection process initially designed to be choosing the right calibre person but being mindful of not allowing the " wrong sort" access to the boardroom

Mister J, I posted this on Thursday morning as a quick summary but some appear to be hard of hearing on here:

"Apologies gents..... I don't come on this all day, everyday and was out, so I missed your replies and can't reply to them all as I've still got a dog to walk and butties to make, before another trip to London.

I've clearly stated that I am on the exec of the Shareholders association and explained its connection with the steering group.... and have not tried to hide anything and to suggest otherwise is nonsense.

I understand people's concerns about transparency etc but also know some people love a drama and a conspiracy theory and some of these ravings are laughable and inane. I don't profess to know the whole story because as I've said, my involvement has been indirect and I may have missed the odd meeting of the EFCSA. However, the simple chronology as far as I know it is as follows: All clubs have had to react to the governance issue following the attempted breakaway by the infamous 6. They knew that the Government was looking at it and new legislation might even be in the pipeline, so they wanted to start the process to be ahead of the game. I believe the club initially just wanted the fans forum to act as a working party to look at the issue of better fan representation (on the board). The chairman of the fans forum insisted that it needed a far bigger grouping than just themselves to maintain independence of the process....... and invited representation from several registered fan groups to give a much broader discussion forum for this working party.

This working group looked at what was going on elsewhere, tried to gauge opinion using surveys and conducted workshops, feeding back results and progress to their respective groups.

The result is a simple basic broadbrush proposal to get a fan director on the board with an advisory group beneath him. I don't think any of that is particularly sinister and at the end of the day we all get to nominate and vote for the candidates. If you don't like the proposals contact them and say why. If you don't like the candidates, nominate you own. That's how the democratic process works.

As you were....."

I believe the group has its own twitter page (whatever that is) and further clarification might be available there if you are on twitter.
Who is Mr J, and why did he like your post?

On another note, you write weirdly long posts and I don't trust you.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Yours,

Prof. X.

Just so you're aware, in the Everton Fans Alliance Group, we're providing a rotating place for regular fans to join in and contribute so that everyone feels welcome and included. We feel that the Special Everton Real Fan position will help to keep us grounded and ensure that we represent everyone.

We are also very keen to ensure transparency in the operations of our group and so all minutes from our meetings are published on our website. The only exception is our tactical sessions and in-depth scouting reports, which I'm sure you can appreciate cannot be shared as we know fans of rival teams are regular visitors to these forums and we don't want them getting inside knowledge of the development the team will be taking as a result of our input.
I know nothing of tactics or development. However, I am prepared to prostitute myself to the club if, but only if, I get tickets to B or C list games (restricted view is fine), last season's merchandise or a signed Bill and Jenny photograph. My question is, can I join your illustrious organisation?

I know nothing of tactics or development. However, I am prepared to prostitute myself to the club if, but only if, I get tickets to B or C list games (restricted view is fine), last season's merchandise or a signed Bill and Jenny photograph. My question is, can I join your illustrious organisation?
It's ok, you can sign up for our Zippy Affordable Training programme that we developed in-house. It will turn you into an expert on even the most bizarre and random parts of the footballing landscape in no time. We select the best students from the programme to join the Everton Fan's Alliance Group apprenticeship scheme whereby you have to work on charitable projects for a few years to get the true spirit of our great club. It's not for nothing though, as each day you work on these charitable projects you get a ticket in the lottery to win a seat next to Bill at Wembley at all our cup final games. We find that this really captures the club as we've had some apprentices who so love the charity work that they haven't reclaimed their lottery entries for decades.

Overseas supporters groups were represented in the working group. If you are a member of one of those you can take it up with them..... if not, you could be anyone. Are you suggesting that anyone should be able to vote for a fan director?

Im confused what the relevance of an 'overseas supporters group' is?

You insinuate that its somehow relevant to join a supporters group if you are a foreigner or have moved overseas...

...or "you could be anyone".

Can i ask you if youve actually been a member of an overseas supporters group before and/or attended one of the 'gatherings' ?

Bit of an eyebrow twitcher...

But then again, Id rather the club appointed professionals rather than 'fans'.

Sounds like this 'vote' is a closed shop amongst people who will choose someone to stick something on their linkedin profile to boost their ego.

We can see Everton dont even have a top tier 'board' nor any real board advisors with strong professional backgrounds.

Now theres a fan joining the board???

Based on 'overseas supporters groups' and the like.

Dearie me.

Not at all.... you mentioned him first, remember?

TBF, surely everyone knows about the France collection…..

They should do Pete

Who really cares if someone who watches the football, for the football knows about David France and the collection he put together over many years.

I certainly dont...each to their own.

Who really cares if someone who watches the football, for the football knows about David France and the collection he put together over many years.

I certainly dont...each to their own.
We already know you're a basket case mate so no need to excuse yourself. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.