End for Unsworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Silva, the U23s and the first-team were all but separate entities with very little collaboration and vastly contrasting situations / treatment of players.

As a young player, they were either in the U23 squad, with their own separate facilities which were a world apart from the first team's, or were in the first team.

One player, who has only recently finally went out on loan, was moved to the first team under Silva in the summer, but he did not get to play for the first team.

This meant that he did not train with similar players of his age or allowed game time in the U23; since Silva left, this situation has changed completely.

His job isnt to win titles with the u23s though its to develop players for the first team. Of which he has provided none?
But it's up to the first team managers to pick them, Simms has bagged more goals than any other player in youth level for the past few years.. yet no sign of him on the senior squad, given his goal scoring record I'd say he'd have been had a chance at every other team in Europe at this stage but not at Everton.

But it's up to the first team managers to pick them, Simms has bagged more goals than any other player in youth level for the past few years.. yet no sign of him on the senior squad, given his goal scoring record I'd say he'd have been had a chance at every other team in Europe at this stage but not at Everton.
Made me smile, as I’m one of Simms‘ biggest fans , he’s improved so much again this season in many areas, has so many other areas to improve on before he’s ready for even our team yet you’d have people believe that City, RS, Barca, Bayern etc would have given him a chance .

Last edited:

Made me smile, as I’m one of Simms‘ biggest fans , he’s improved so much again this season in many areas, has so many other areas to improve on before he’s ready for even our team yet you’d have people believe that City, RS, Barca, Bayern etc would have given him a chance .
Yes 100% he'd of been in the season he scored the 32 goals in 21 under 18 league games and 46 goals altogether.. are you telling me that if any of those teams had a striker bagging well over a goal a game for the youths they wouldn't have given him a go?

Yes 100% he'd of been in the season he scored the 32 goals in 21 under 18 league games and 46 goals altogether.. are you telling me that if any of those teams had a striker bagging well over a goal a game for the youths they wouldn't have given him a go?
Yes. He was playing agains 16/17 year olds, and didn’t even make the England u17 squad regularly, and yes he did fantastically well last season. But , seeing as this is an Unsworth thread let’s see what he had to say recently , and I’ll let you take it up with him.

"His physicality has got to improve, his hold-up play has got to improve. There's a lot of things we know, warts-and-all, that people don't see.

"People see Ellis Simms scored two goals and expect him to be in our first-team. It's a long way off but it's not something he can't do."

Yes. He was playing agains 16/17 year olds, and didn’t even make the England u17 squad regularly, and yes he did fantastically well last season. But , seeing as this is an Unsworth thread let’s see what he had to say recently , and I’ll let you take it up with him.

"His physicality has got to improve, his hold-up play has got to improve. There's a lot of things we know, warts-and-all, that people don't see.

"People see Ellis Simms scored two goals and expect him to be in our first-team. It's a long way off but it's not something he can't do."
Well he's 19 years old and if it's still a long way off it's never going to happen so we might as well bin him off now. I say get him in now and give him time to gain experience and at 19 he'll be allowed a few mistakes but leave it another few years and he's 22 or 23 he won't have that luxury.

John Lennon had this covered when he sang "All we are saying, is give Simms a chance".

RIP, thoughts and prayers etc

DCL for one, he spotted him at Sheffield Utd when he was there and he was signed on Rhinos recommendation. He was also involved with Holgate, Davies, Kenny and many more. I don't mind people having a go at players/staff but think before you do (post) stop and think first please.
Jeez monty, I know you have the unspoken 'Full' part of your name to live up to. But what you're suggesting could totally destroy GOT as we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.