End for Unsworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been overlooked for the temp position despite winning trophies he must surely realize it's time to move on if he wants a proper career as a football manager.
He probably knows he has to move on if he wants to be a manager anyway, I think he’s said so. Also by his own admission last time out, he wasn’t the man to do the job.

Duncan has more recent experience with the first team and is a UEFA pro license coach so that makes more sense.

I certainly don’t think Unsworth is finished.

Perhaps the limited number of first team players developed may be down to the likes of Koeman , BFS , and Silva sticking with their favourites , and not being willing to give youth a chance.

Few of his players won a youth world cup. A single coach can only do so much. The setup at the club isn't exactly ideal.

Dowell who hasn't made it.
Calvert Lewin who was BOUGHT.
Kenny who is now on loan in Germany (which is okay)

What they do in youth tournaments is irrelevant if they aren't good enough to step up to the seniors. And yes, the club set up is that the youngsters seem to be completely different and distant from the seniors.

This fella has serious questions to answer - why is not one under 23 player ready for the 1st team when Liverpool can field a near full team?

Gordon? Simm? Anyone help me?

This is laughable. Winning U23 championship not preparation????
The issue with the U23’s stepping up is the gulf to the PL. There is nothing Unsworth can do about tha but We do have a real problem with the loans though. They have been quite problematic.
The U23, have provided Barkley, Holgate, JJK and DCL, none of which were PL ready and the majority on this forum wanted sold.
We will never have good youngsters here because we crush them. Bring them into poor sides and blame them.

Why are liverpool able to find high quality local kids and we arent. What on earth is going on with our coaching and scouting. Why are our kids repeatedly left behind at 16-19.

If you didn't laugh youd cry.

Their manager has been in place 4 years, he knows every player at the club and their capabilities.
Gordon is as talented as Jones, if we were a stable, well run club he'd have been given more opportunities by now.

This fella has serious questions to answer - why is not one under 23 player ready for the 1st team when Liverpool can field a near full team?

Gordon? Simm? Anyone help me?
We don't know if they are ready for the first team because they never get a chance. Hardly unsworths fault that, Simms should have been given a shot at the first team by now with the amount of goals he's scored but people claim he's not ready, give me a break nobody can tell if they are ready until they've been given a go.

We don't know if they are ready for the first team because they never get a chance. Hardly unsworths fault that, Simms should have been given a shot at the first team by now with the amount of goals he's scored but people claim he's not ready, give me a break nobody can tell if they are ready until they've been given a go.
He cant be no worse than kean.

Thats what annoys me - Moise Kean, DCL and Tosun get chance after chance yet Simms hasnt had one sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.