2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine in a two up top, but not sure about leading the line. Think he'd do ok next to a striker who holds the ball up.

I'm pleased or him but not getting ahead of myself on hyping him up; I'm sure we've all seen too many false dawn's of new strikers in our time.

If he can chip in with a few more goals on the run in then that's great, but he's not the answer yet.

I’ve been watching that goal on repeat. Could never get tired of watching it. It’s got everything.

And the bonus is the runs from Gray & Doucoure, because if the keeper had kept it out, they were favourites to get on the end of it.

Dyche has definitely had a big effect on fitness & attitude.

COYB!!!!!

8 (7 in the Championship)goals so far this season. Hopefully the confidence will come now. Sometimes strikers only need one and they go on runs. I think Dyche will, stick with Gray, until DCL is back. But great for the lad to score such a good and important goal.

I’ve been watching that goal on repeat. Could never get tired of watching it. It’s got everything.

And the bonus is the runs from Gray & Doucoure, because if the keeper had kept it out, they were favourites to get on the end of it.

Dyche has definitely had a big effect on fitness & attitude.

COYB!!!!!
Simms is absolute crap; lucky to score...

I'm kidding, people...

That, by the way, was a tremendous goal - the type of strike not normally associated with a post-Lukaku Everton.

The way he absolutely burned Koulibaly with superb movement and one really good touch was the impressive bit for me. His finish was better than he's been given credit for too, in a really awkward spot for a tall goalkeeper to get to. To have the composure to get that kind of shot off, at that clutch moment in the match, having expended energy in getting past the defender was very impressive indeed.

I haven't seen enough of Simms to comment on his ability - but I saw enough in that goal to know that he's got something about him that we currently lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.