2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘ll be interesting to see what Dych works on with him. Despite his size people wrongly think he’s a Target Man , but while things like his hold up play and heading have improved he’s nowhere near what DCL is like in these areas , and you can’t expect him to dominate a crowded box and score headed goals the way DCL and Tarks can. He’s a Finisher . Play the right ball through to him and he’ll likely get a shot on target and with his power he’ll score a good percentage of them .

It‘ll be interesting to see what Dych works on with him. Despite his size people wrongly think he’s a Target Man , but while things like his hold up play and heading have improved he’s nowhere near what Dominic Calvert-Lewin is like in these areas , and you can’t expect him to dominate a crowded box and score headed goals the way Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Tarks can. He’s a Finisher . Play the right ball through to him and he’ll likely get a shot on target and with his power he’ll score a good percentage of them .
Simms and cannon could be a useful partnership.

Even then was he that bad against the [Poor language removed]?

Sure he got 3/4 goals against them which baring Cahill could be the highest from anyone premiership era
He got three against them, all at home - two in the 3-3 when Sturridge equalised late on, and the equaliser in a 1-1. Not exactly an amazing record given his overall stats with us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out we’ve had the lowest forwards to goals ratio* of any Premiership team since ‘92. Lukaku was a total anomaly. I’m sure some people slagged him off simply because they were confused by one of our strikers getting so many goals (and yes, I know he was pants against the sh1te).

*No doubt someone will leap in to quote actual stats but it feels that way, whatever the case.

Ferguson Rooney Yakubu Lukaku Richarlison Calvert Lewin have been alright. The rest have been pretty rubbish. A few purple patches now and again from Naismith Jelavic Saha Radzinski Johnson but they couldn’t maintain it for various reasons.

Saha was definitely a purple patch player, he did my head in for 70% of his time here.
Same, i couldnt stand him. So frustrating. He went missing for months at a time, he'd try shots from ridiculous places that he had no chance of scoring, usually blocked, then hed score a worldy every now and then to "justify" his place and everyone would call him King. Not a patch on Yakubu, but he played for United so Moyes was entranced.

Same, i couldnt stand him. So frustrating. He went missing for months at a time, he'd try shots from ridiculous places that he had no chance of scoring, usually blocked, then hed score a worldy every now and then to "justify" his place and everyone would call him King. Not a patch on Yakubu, but he played for United so Moyes was entranced.

An absolutely perfect summary. He’d go on runs where he’d score 5 in 7 games and buy himself another 4 goalless months in the starting XI. That was the time I started to get proper sick of Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.