2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out we’ve had the lowest forwards to goals ratio* of any Premiership team since ‘92. Lukaku was a total anomaly. I’m sure some people slagged him off simply because they were confused by one of our strikers getting so many goals (and yes, I know he was pants against the sh1te).

*No doubt someone will leap in to quote actual stats but it feels that way, whatever the case.
Yep.
2 in the 3-3 game.
But that was in his 1st, thin Rom, beast mode season

Saha was definitely a purple patch player, he did my head in for 70% of his time here.
A treat to watch on his day but yeah. Similar to Eto there were times when he completely stunk the joint out. People remember the ability but they forget the lack of consistency

I would put Iwobi in the middle instead of Doucs & play Gray wide ....Simms upfront to hold the ball up & scare their defence....
Was thinking that myself
There was a moment he took a ball down, held it up, played it out wide to Iwobi and immediately turned and darted into the box for the cross… proper forward play which will be a big help as we look to play the counter at Old Trafford

Was thinking that myself
There was a moment he took a ball down, held it up, played it out wide to Iwobi and immediately turned and darted into the box for the cross… proper forward play which will be a big help as we look to play the counter at Old Trafford
I appreciated that too. Not seen that from any other Everton striker for a while.

I would put Iwobi in the middle instead of Doucs & play Gray wide ....Simms upfront to hold the ball up & scare their defence....
Good shout that. Gray might occupy Shaw, as long as he is willing to track back a bit. And while Simms doesn’t play like a big man, he’d certainly knock that minute scruffy centre back over. Hopefully they rotate Maguire in so we can have a laugh at him tripping over his own head.

Good shout that. Gray might occupy Shaw, as long as he is willing to track back a bit. And while Simms doesn’t play like a big man, he’d certainly knock that minute scruffy centre back over. Hopefully they rotate Maguire in so we can have a laugh at him tripping over his own head.
I wouldn’t have said Gray on the wing a while ago because he didn’t work hard enough but he’s ran his socks off under Dyche up top so I reckon he’d offer as much defensively as Iwobi does on the right week now tbh

I think we win that if he's playing from the start. We needed someone to occupy the dangerous areas when we opened then up and Gray wasn't doing it. We get a real chance in the first half if he's in.

In a world where we aren't in financial ruin, we'd have kept Richarlison and Simms would be his understudy.

We'd be very much safe by now if Dyche has Richarlison as his focal point. Richy's ability to hold the ball and win free kicks has been vastly missed and Dyche would have loved those assets more than anyone.

In a world where we aren't in financial ruin, we'd have kept Richarlison and Simms would be his understudy.

We'd be very much safe by now if Dyche has Richarlison as his focal point. Richy's ability to hold the ball and win free kicks has been vastly missed and Dyche would have loved those assets more than anyone.
I'm not sure Simms is a Richarlison. He's more of a DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.