2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks less dangerous (pace/tenacity) than some of the lads we’ve loaned out. But by virtue of already doing his loans was deemed the one to keep.

I hate the concept of young players being constantly labelled “not ready” despite never playing. A lad hungry to impress might get ahead of his marker and scores today. Maupay is always 10 yards from where you’d expect him to be, and Simms is either trying too hard or not hard enough, it’s hard to tell.

He has scored goals on his loans though. I’d just play him and play him until Dom is fit, see what happens.

In the first half we created lots of chances, especially with McNeil getting crosses into the near post, no-one seemed to be there anticipating it. We know what we'll get with Maupay (not much and no end product), perhaps this was the home game for the youngster, maybe he'd have been getting on the end of much improved play from the left wing. Simms gets his goal and it changes things.

I thought Ellis Simms did 'ok' today but should have been introduced a bit earlier. Would like to see him and Neal Maupay upfront, but who do you sacrifice from the first eleven to make that happen?

Neither of them are what we need, Maupay is totally the wrong type of player and Simms, it appears, is just not up to it. I would say that Maupay will never be able to lead the line, no matter how many chances he gets, it's just not his game. There is a chance that Simms may grow into the role, even though it looks very doubtful. On that basis I would go with Simms on the premise that he may be at least some use leading the line.

The blame here is recruitment, these are self inflicted wounds, we had two centre forwards 18 months ago, one is now constantly injured and the other has been sold, the Everton answer to this, buy Maupay and recall Simms. What a mess.
Yes we go down that's why. At least Simms might get on the end of a few of the crosses even if he isn't a target man. Maupay is a poor number ten currently

Probably exaggerating a bit, but someone on the forum told me he didn't like the physical side of football, and didn't like dueling. I don't think it is a quality that Dyche is very fond of.
I mean probably exaggerating a lot given where and how he's played so far but sure, he wants to be tall Messi.

Will probably start against Arsenal and we'll get on his back because of the 3 games he's started for us in his career at 22...he's not performed.

And those 3 games were Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal away.
Naturally, why start him when we should have and we were creating chances though lol

"he's crap him lad" when the gap between him and the midfield is about 70 yards, inevitable.

Maupay misses open goals, can't control or pass a ball for his life and has feet like 50p coins - "he's experienced lad we need him to start"

Will probably start against Arsenal and we'll get on his back because of the 3 games he's started for us in his career at 22...he's not performed.

He should have been given a game against an easier team at home. Young players come through, get one and then get a few with a bit of confidence. They may be found out after a while but we need a few goals now

He’s been hung out to dry so far.

Should be put in the side instead of the completely ineffectual Maupay and told he’s starting until further notice. He simply can’t be any worse than Maupay.

Fancied Ellis getting onto those crosses in the first half, by the time he did come on Dwight had run himself into the ground. And always difficult to come on with so little time, most professionals or not will tell you 20 mins to get into the pace of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.