2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have been given a game against an easier team at home. Young players come through, get one and then get a few with a bit of confidence. They may be found out after a while but we need a few goals now
Did find it odd he started the derby... Until then and after had had little exposure since returning from early from Sunderland loan. Wondering if he is actually not fully fit.

I just don't think he's good enough, but, having said that, I am sure Maupay can't play as a lone striker. Given the lack of alternatives we may as well give Simms a couple of games and hope Calvert Lewin is fit for a few games some time soon. The incompetence of this club having no reliable centre forward available all season takes some believing.

Desperate times when the choice is between Simms and Maupay. As I said after the derby game, here Simms had the opportunity to impress and had nothing to lose, but he was static, lost the ball often, lost virtually every duel, and had an indifferent body language. If Simms had run his socks off, and shown some passion and aggressiveness in his game, then it is not certain that he would have to sit on the bench in the following games.

Can't close down as he's a glacier. Might be an issue for dyche?
But... he can? He's just tall, not an immovable object.

Not like Maupay does anything in that regard as well anyway.

Or maybe Dyche wants someone who's tall, mobile, strong, good link up play, excellent at finding space and heading and pacey too. I too want us to get Lewandowski but alas don't think he'd want to come here for some reason.

I don't know, looked like he got walked past from what little I've seen of him. I don't think there is a good answer to the striker question anyway.
He's not the answer but he's defo a better answer than Maupay (who also gets walked past tbh), or at least one which can potentially be better

He's not the answer but he's defo a better answer than Maupay (who also gets walked past tbh), or at least one which can potentially be better
I think maupay presses okay, he does everything else poorly mind. Haven't a clue if Simms is better or not but he looks immobile and not much of a finisher so far. I wouldn't be shouting about as either being selected as the options are so terrible.

I think maupay presses okay, he does everything else poorly mind. Haven't a clue if Simms is better or not but he looks immobile and not much of a finisher so far. I wouldn't be shouting about as either being selected as the options are so terrible.
I'd prefer Simms over Maupay just because of the way we play - they both press roughly the same but at least one is a striker, even if at a currently lower level. Maupay is barely a footballer like.

Like I say if he picks simms I'm not really complaining. But I would suggest his pressing is why dyche isnt
I've watched him last year and he was pressing fine - if Dyche says he picks/picked Mopey because of experience I'm on the next plane to actually kick his face in

Feels a bit moyesy if it's the experience shout. No idea how good they are but Dobbin and Cannon being away on loan seems a bit mad with 5 defenders on the bench
I mean we also recalled Simms (LIKE A NEW SIGNING HEY) just so he can also sit on the bench when we have no strikers apparently.

It is very Moyesy but it's also what people on here are saying, as if we have a million other choices and we're not picking a 22 year old with about 70 games under his belt lol It's how we had Anichebe being "one for the future" age 26 as well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.