2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we also recalled Simms (LIKE A NEW SIGNING HEY) just so he can also sit on the bench when we have no strikers apparently.

It is very Moyesy but it's also what people on here are saying, as if we have a million other choices and we're not picking a 22 year old with about 70 games under his belt lol It's how we had Anichebe being "one for the future" age 26 as well lol
Would bite your hand off to have chebs in the squad now!

I just don't think he's good enough, but, having said that, I am sure Maupay can't play as a lone striker. Given the lack of alternatives we may as well give Simms a couple of games and hope Calvert Lewin is fit for a few games some time soon. The incompetence of this club having no reliable centre forward available all season takes some believing.
Wasting 15 million on Maupay may bite us in the arsp - well done Frank & the DOF ......

A positive for simms - Hopefully the crowd would back him more than maupay because of his age and been with the club a while now ! Always nice to see youngsters get a go ! But he has no aggression and never seen it from him ! From watching youth games too ! He’s very laid back ! But he is a good finisher, big and tall and quite quick when he wants to be ! If he got a goal you might see a different simms !

A positive for simms - Hopefully the crowd would back him more than maupay because of his age and been with the club a while now ! Always nice to see youngsters get a go ! But he has no aggression and never seen it from him ! From watching youth games too ! He’s very laid back ! But he is a good finisher, big and tall and quite quick when he wants to be ! If he got a goal you might see a different simms !
In his youth at City under 18s scored for fun, we signed him - Maupay has a worse shot than Osman .....

If he had that chance that fell to Maupay I think he'd have tucked it away.

Dyche has to go with Simms now. And for games against Forest and Brentford he has to go with two up front.

If we get the lead he can drop one back into midfield and defend it.

I think he has good awareness to link play. He hit lovely 1st time weighted ball to Gray yesterday which Gray uttmately wasted when he had isolated the fullback to a one to one situation. Similar poise and vision as the pass last week to Iwobi. I wish we had more options as I do think he would be more suited to cameos at the moment. But beggars can’t be choosers unfortunately.

In his youth at City under 18s scored for fun, we signed him - Maupay has a worse shot than Osman .....
Simms never played for City u18s , he was released by them without being offered a Scholar contract. It was his second season at u18 for us that he scored all those goals, 46 or something . He would never have got this far if he’d stayed at City, he just doesn’t match their style for youngsters. It’s great credit to our youth coaches that they slowly and carefully improved him.

I mean we also recalled Simms (LIKE A NEW SIGNING HEY) just so he can also sit on the bench when we have no strikers apparently.

It is very Moyesy but it's also what people on here are saying, as if we have a million other choices and we're not picking a 22 year old with about 70 games under his belt lol It's how we had Anichebe being "one for the future" age 26 as well lol
There was space for anichebe in the squad.
Wasn’t first choice but put himself about when in the team making space for other players by giving centre half’s a physical game. Limited, never prolific, but a useful squad member

Wasting 15 million on Maupay may bite us in the arsp - well done Frank & the DOF ......
People need to realise the 15m market is where maupay is. If you go down you have a 20+ championship striker.
15m does not but you a first choice prolific striker in the premier league

There was space for anichebe in the squad.
Wasn’t first choice but put himself about when in the team making space for other players by giving centre half’s a physical game. Limited, never prolific, but a useful squad member
I be would kill for that anichebe in our squad right now… guaranteed starter and guaranteed menace

People need to realise the 15m market is where maupay is. If you go down you have a 20+ championship striker.
15m does not but you a first choice prolific striker in the premier league
He's scored 20 goals in a season once in his career so far, so we don't magically "have" that - we'd need a whole team to create and a big man the get the ball to him for easy tap ins, as that's just about all of his goals ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.