2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana and Patterson have shown they are premier league level, agree they need to and probably can get better.
Simms has shown he's championship level.
Also we're not in strong enough position as club to wait around for players to develop, we were a few years but not now
I honestly don't think Patterson has.

We don't have time to wait. It'll be all over before we get going. Brighton started it while they were finishing 17th. Brentford before they even came up. We start now or we quite literally perish.

I honestly don't think Patterson has.

We don't have time to wait. It'll be all over before we get going. Brighton started it while they were finishing 17th. Brentford before they even came up. We start now or we quite literally perish.
Issue with Patterson could be staying fit, it's hard to develop when your not available for enough games

At such a young age to keep picking up different injurys is a red flag

It's quite apparent he isn't good enough.

Could he bounce around the championship and have a stint in the premier league later on in his career, possible, but it's so very obvious he lacks a multitude of things for him to be a premier league striker.

Cannon is a significantly better prospect, you can tell he has some of the raw ingredients required. He should be prioritised and given opportunity over Simms.

4-6m is great money for Simms, it's best for all parties including Ellis to move on.

sadly think he not enough pace for the premier league.but hope he finds a good club in lower league.
just watched Cannons goal on youtube and he seems to have it all strong pacey and eye for goal get him in and save us money.
was madness Maupay played when we had Cannon on our books.

That goal against Chelsea shows there's something there but we desperately need someone who can hit the ground running. Simms and Cannon as 3rd and 4th choice would be fine. We need a ready made striker if we can afford it and that's looking increasingly grim. Cannon looks more mobile though and seems cool in front of goal.

Hope we get a decent fee for the lad, he's not PL level just yet but can defo be a good striker in the championship.

Hope we get a decent fee for the lad, he's not PL level just yet but can defo be a good striker in the championship.

Personally think he should've been given a shot as he's never been given a run out against teams at our level.

But at least they're being proactive and shipping him out.

Personally think he should've been given a shot as he's never been given a run out against teams at our level.

But at least they're being proactive and shipping him out.

The way I see it, there is only room for one of him and Cannon and Cannon has shown more promise, playing at a higher level than Simms was at his age and bagging goals. Simms can get us a fee, Cannon is worth hanging on to for a year or two to see if he can kick on or we sell him on.

Does anyone else agree that he looks incredibly slow when he's runnning? In that Bournemouth game he came on for Gray, who worked tirelessly for the 75 minutes or so he was on for and was sprinting for everything. But when Simms came on, I'm not saying he wasn't working hard, but he just looked really slow and sluggish I thought.

Just me?

Does anyone else agree that he looks incredibly slow when he's runnning? In that Bournemouth game he came on for Gray, who worked tirelessly for the 75 minutes or so he was on for and was sprinting for everything. But when Simms came on, I'm not saying he wasn't working hard, but he just looked really slow and sluggish I thought.

Just me?
He just doesn't look like Premiership striker to me.
He has quite a lot of competitive experience at Sunderland and at Hearts , he has done well at both but not well enough that anybody here would be suggesting we sign him if he wasn't already an Everton player.

Status
Not open for further replies.