2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t understand why we are selling him for peanuts

Liverpool sold solanke for 19 mil to
Bournemouth back in 2019 and he had 1 goal in 21 games for Liverpool and 8 career goals. Simms has 26 career goals.
Kenwright revenge or we are the club that does the right thing. Amounts to the same thing.

A gamble to rely on a kid in the situation we have found ourselves in over the the last 2 seasons.

Season before those 2, we were flying high with DCL banging them in. When is he supposed to get his chance?

Would love to see him start some games with no pressure on the result and see what he does. Not worth selling at 5 mil. Who on earth could we replace him with for 5 mil?

Would rather sell Maupay...
I agree and see Simms as a slow burner who for all his loans started off slow then was scoring regularly by the end of it.

Maybe the PL is a step too far, but feel it would be good to give him another year.

A comparison with the popular Gyökeres who at his age was on loan at Swansea from Brighton and scored 0 in 11 and I'm not convinced will make the step up to the Premier League

Bournemouth back in 2019 and he had 1 goal in 21 games for Liverpool and 8 career goals. Simms has 26 career goals.

Cos as usual the club doesn't have a plan for his academy so let them whittle down their contracts, send them on loans that aren't effective, then cos of the manager merrigoround they never really get a chance.

Hence why a lot of our academy reject renewals and leave when they get a chance.

Liverpool deem every player that have as the best in the world. We crap all over ours and then wonder why nobody buys them.

I think selling him is a mistake

Done well with every loan and has barely had a proper chance in the first team

Cannon can be loaned for another season whilst Simm gets given minutes in the first team
I don't think he is good enough and I think Cannon has potential to be much better. I don't see any way we can keep both of them in the first team squad, because we need someone proven.

If we don't sell Simms he goes on a free next year and that has happenned far too often in recent years. Go with Cannon and bring in some funds from

If Ellis Simms is one of our main striking options this season then we are in for another relegation battle.

He is 22, had two loans and now needs to start building a proper career for himself, but certainly at the moment he isn't good enough to get that amount of minutes with a Premiership team.

Sell him now and put a buy back option of about 20m on him for possibly three years.
If he does so well we want him back then it is still cheap and whoever buys him would make a big profit

I think he is a player that can have a good career in the Championship or maybe in time even with a lower level Premiership team.

I think selling him is a mistake

Done well with every loan and has barely had a proper chance in the first team

Cannon can be loaned for another season whilst Simm gets given minutes in the first team

…surely you’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not good enough. if posters are seriously content to have Ellis Simms as our back-up striker to DCL next season, then expect the same struggles as we’ve just had.

We’re a decent striker away from being relatively comfortable & that striker is definitely not Simms.

If Ellis Simms is one of our main striking options this season then we are in for another relegation battle.

He is 22, had two loans and now needs to start building a proper career for himself, but certainly at the moment he isn't good enough to get that amount of minutes with a Premiership team.

Sell him now and put a buy back option of about 20m on him for possibly three years.
If he does so well we want him back then it is still cheap and whoever buys him would make a big profit

I think he is a player that can have a good career in the Championship or maybe in time even with a lower level Premiership team.
That is the one of the biggest issues at Everton. While the league is stacked with players age 19-22 that make an impact, the Everton Academy players never seem to be good enough to get extended first team minutes for Everton.

…surely you’ve seen enough of him to know he’s not good enough. if posters are seriously content to have Ellis Simms as our back-up striker to DCL next season, then expect the same struggles as we’ve just had.

We’re a decent striker away from being relatively comfortable & that striker is definitely not Simms.

Not at all

I think he's shown some glimpses of promise but he's just not played enough to say one way or the other. On the young player grading curve that any sensible person would use, there's zero evidence that we should cull

Sell Maupay, extend Simms' contract, give him a pre-season under Dyche, and let him get some minutes during the upcoming season so he can continue to grow into the role

I think he'll come good for us. He's got the physical attributes and has shown he can slot when given the chance. Plenty of players make the jump from Championship to Premier League, so I don't see why he can't either with proper nurturing. Every loan he's had has been a success. He's done his time in the loan market and now it's time to give him a proper chance at stepping up and staking a claim. We haven't done that yet.

And if he doesn't step up, we can always sell him next summer if we've extended his deal and go with Cannon. If we sell Maupay then there's some funds for an additional striker for the upcoming season anyway

Only way I'd consider selling him is if he won't sign a contract extension, at which point we really have no choice because he's only got a year left. If he's willing to put the pen to paper then we should be willing to give him at least one more season

Now more than ever when we don't have financial might to spend we need to be supporting our young players, not looking for excuses to boot them out of the door when they haven't had a fair chance yet

I know that's never a popular sentiment amongst our fan base, but I think we need to adjust how we think a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.