2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have started for me when we were putting some crosses in and that ! After our goal you’d think gray would have been better on the break !

Nah most academy players end up in the lower leagues so what's the point in giving loads of opportunities to players who will never be good enough.

When a young player is good enough it'd normally very obvious
I can't believe I have to say this but young does not equal academy. Onana is a young player who has to get better. Patterson is a young player who has to get better. Simms is also this. That he came from the academy doesn't actually matter for this discussion.

WTF? Why would we sell someone who hasn't yet had a chance? I can understand why Dyche would rely on more senior pros in the position we were in, but why does that mean we should sell him?

By that logic we should sell Cannon as well as he wasn't deemed good enough to stay with us in January! Absurd!!

Let him have a pre season and let Dyche try to find a set of players and a system of his own. Then let's judge the likes of Simms...

WTF? Why would we sell someone who hasn't yet had a chance? I can understand why Dyche would rely on more senior pros in the position we were in, but why does that mean we should sell him?

By that logic we should sell Cannon as well as he wasn't deemed good enough to stay with us in January! Absurd!!

Let him have a pre season and let Dyche try to find a set of players and a system of his own. Then let's judge the likes of Simms...

He is not good enough for the Premier league, sell for a few million and reinvest the money.

Cannon I would keep.

….seems like some posters don’t think Simms has had enough opportunity to prove himself. They must prefer us to go with him next season as back-up to DCL to give him opportunities.

Don’t forget, when we were struggling for a striker a succession of managers who work with Simms every day sent him off to Sunderland & Hearts on loan where he scored 12 goals in 34 games. I wanted him back from Sunderland because we were desperate for a no9 but I’ve watched enough of him over the years to know he was never going to be good enough long term.

imagine a system where we give all our young professionals game time to give them the chance to improve.

…ha, ha, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this.

The only way Simms gets opportunities next season is as back-up striker to DCL. Imagine going into next season with DCL injured and Simms a regular starter just to give him opportunities.

This season, it wasn’t a matter of who was better out of Simms and Maupay, it was a matter of who was least worst. In the end, Dyche had to go with Gray. If we keep Simms just to give him opportunities next season then we’re in real trouble.

i’m quite sure Simms isn’t in Dyche’s plans for next season & that’s exactly the way it should be.

Dyche played Holgate over Patterson due to "experience". His words. A relegation scrap isn't the best way to see if a young lad can sink or swim. So he's half right in the experience part.

No one's saying he should be leading the line. But I've said he's done enough to be given chances and more game time next season.

On loan he's got about a 1 in 3 strike rate (62 games 24 goals). He's 22. So it's either give a shot to develop or sell this summer.

And no one should be back up for DCL. DCL should be the back up to someone else we bring in.

….seems like some posters don’t think Simms has had enough opportunity to prove himself. They must prefer us to go with him next season as back-up to DCL to give him opportunities.

Don’t forget, when we were struggling for a striker a succession of managers who work with Simms every day sent him off to Sunderland & Hearts on loan where he scored 12 goals in 34 games. I wanted him back from Sunderland because we were desperate for a no9 but I’ve watched enough of him over the years to no he was never going to be good enough long term.

imagine a system where we give all,our young professionals game time to give them the chance to improve.

They're the same managers who had Richarlison or pinned everything on Dominic Andy Carroll and put us in relegation fights

….Dyche will not have to assess Simms in pre-season, just like he won’t need to assess Maupay and Holgate. He’s seen enough of them to know he doesn’t want them.

I expect Simms will meet with Dyche in the next few days and be told he’s not in the managers plans. Simms wont be the only one.

Cannon will be one the Manager will want to assess as will Branthwaite, but I’d be disappointed if his mind isn’t well and truly made up on Simms. Imagine wanting him to start games in the top flight next season.

Don’t forget, when we were struggling for a striker a succession of managers who work with Simms every day sent him off to Sunderland & Hearts on loan where he scored 12 goals in 34 games. I wanted him back from Sunderland because we were desperate for a no9 but I’ve watched enough of him over the years to know he was never going to be good enough long term.

imagine a system where we give all our young professionals game time to give them the chance to improve.
Yes we should totally continue to rely on the opinions of Rafael Benitez and Frank Lampard

….Dyche will not have to assess Simms in pre-season, just like he won’t need to assess Maupay and Holgate. He’s seen enough of them to know he doesn’t want them.

I expect Simms will meet with Dyche in the next few days and be told he’s not in the managers plans. Simms wont be the only one.

Cannon will be one the Manager will want to assess as will Branthwaite, but I’d be disappointed if his mind isn’t well and truly made up on Simms. Imagine wanting him to start games in the top flight next season.
Think he will be sold , several teams lower league teams supposed to have already been sniffing around.

I can't believe I have to say this but young does not equal academy. Onana is a young player who has to get better. Patterson is a young player who has to get better. Simms is also this. That he came from the academy doesn't actually matter for this discussion.
Onana and Patterson have shown they are premier league level, agree they need to and probably can get better.
Simms has shown he's championship level.
Also we're not in strong enough position as club to wait around for players to develop, we were a few years but not now

Status
Not open for further replies.