2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
….these lads have to prove themselves when they get an opportunity, not forgetting they are watched closely in training every day. Clubs have to make decisions about them, they can’t keep them and give them plenty of games if the assessment is that they’re not good enough. Points are precious.

I think I’ve seen enough of Simms to determine his future lies elsewhere.
No mate you missed the part where I said he didn't get an opportunity. I agree they have to prove themselves when they do. We aren't providing them.

No mate you missed the part where I said he didn't get an opportunity. I agree they have to prove themselves when they do. We aren't providing them.

…I think he had enough opportunities for the coaches to form an opinion. You could say that every young professional should get ‘opportunities’ before they are moved on, but points are too precious to allow that.

….these lads have to prove themselves when they get an opportunity, not forgetting they are watched closely in training every day. Clubs have to make decisions about them, they can’t keep them and give them plenty of games if the assessment is that they’re not good enough. Points are precious.

I think I’ve seen enough of Simms to determine his future lies elsewhere. There’s not many we get rid of that become top drawer.
Like to have him used more than Maupay though- who imo he was £15 million down the plug hole....

…you can’t start him to in important games just to give him an opportunity. i suggest 3 starts is plenty to form a view that he’s not starting a 4th game.
You're right we also started Gray at striker and Maupay more while they also showed they shouldn't start at striker. I guess we're just never going to learn.

…you can’t start him to in important games just to give him an opportunity. i suggest 3 starts is plenty to form a view that he’s not starting a 4th game.

Chelsea, United, and Liverpool away (his 3 starts in the premiership) and because he didn't Haaland all 3 of them he doesn't deserve a 4th start against Bournemouth etc.

Dyche should really focus on him in the offseason. Work with him and make sure he understands his assignment. Atm he is a guy that needs service to be effective but we need more than that atm. If he stays the same and doesn’t iron out his hold up play, he won’t have much success.

His only two starts were Liverpool away and Man U away. I think he absolutely needs to either go on his final loan to the championship next season, or needs to be our #2 option, with Gray as the emergency #3. Hes shown he can score at the level below us, and hes barely had a chance due to us being in a tight spot. If the team is comfortably midtable next season he should get chances to show his stuff against the Bournemouths and West Hams of the league.

Chelsea, United, and Liverpool away (his 3 starts in the premiership) and because he didn't Haaland all 3 of them he doesn't deserve a 4th start against Bournemouth etc.

…ha, ha, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this.

The only way Simms gets opportunities next season is as back-up striker to DCL. Imagine going into next season with DCL injured and Simms a regular starter just to give him opportunities.

This season, it wasn’t a matter of who was better out of Simms and Maupay, it was a matter of who was least worst. In the end, Dyche had to go with Gray. If we keep Simms just to give him opportunities next season then we’re in real trouble.

i’m quite sure Simms isn’t in Dyche’s plans for next season & that’s exactly the way it should be.

…ha, ha, we’ll have to agree to disagree on this.

The only way Simms gets opportunities next season is as back-up striker to DCL. Imagine going into next season with DCL injured and Simms a regular starter just to give him opportunities.

This season, it wasn’t a matter of who was better out of Simms and Maupay, it was a matter of who was least worst. In the end, Dyche had to go with Gray. If we keep Simms just to give him opportunities next season then we’re in real trouble.

i’m quite sure Simms isn’t in Dyche’s plans for next season & that’s exactly the way it should be.
Dyche should go then. The club needs to be a place young players can get better.

Dyche should go then. The club needs to be a place young players can get better.

….sorry, but that’s such a nonsense statement.

Very few Academy youngsters have the ability to step up to the top flight, even less forward players where the skill set is so high.

it’s ludicrous to think our young professionals will improve simply for playing in the PL. I spent a large part of my time watching Everton youngsters and it’s rare to see one you know will be good enough.

We have no future if we use the first team as trials for young academy professionals. Only a few come through because only a few are good enough. Dyche will be delighted bringing players in who are good enough but no amount of game time will convert a youngster who isn’t the required standard. It’s La La Land thinking.

….sorry, but that’s such a nonsense statement.

Very few Academy youngsters have the ability to step up to the top flight, even less forward players where the skill set is so high.

it’s ludicrous to think our young professionals will improve simply for playing in the PL. I spent a large part of my time watching Everton youngsters and it’s rare to see one you know will be good enough.

We have no future if we use the first team as trials for young academy professionals. Only a few come through because only a few are good enough. Dyche will be delighted bringing players in who are good enough but no amount of game time will convert a youngster who isn’t the required standard. It’s La La Land thinking.
Academy is not a specification I made

Status
Not open for further replies.