Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I think Dunne did go all the way to the top, he was Man City’s player of the season multiple times. I met his parents once when he was a youth player and you could see where his bulk came from!!

Didn't Joe Royle say he was an excellent footballer but always had one big error in him?

Sounds like all our players now to be fair.

I see the usual youth haters are stamping the "he'll never make it" card already, nothing like giving lads a chance and seeing how they develop, if you're not Rooney you can GTF in the eyes of our great fans.

I see the usual youth haters are stamping the "he'll never make it" card already, nothing like giving lads a chance and seeing how they develop, if you're not Rooney you can GTF in the eyes of our great fans.

The spectre of Rooney will forever hang over our youth academy players. If they’re not walking into the first team and ripping it up by 18 then they’ll never be good enough.

The spectre of Rooney will forever hang over our youth academy players. If they’re not walking into the first team and ripping it up by 18 then they’ll never be good enough.

It's a sad situation, Rooneys of this world come along once a generation,we'd be winning everything and be absolutely minted if we kept churning out Rooneys but it doesn't happen. I like the youth set up,i enjoy trying to see how lads develop. It's a good thing to see when all of a sudden it just clicks for them. The the beast is some aren't going to make it, more won't than will but you never know who.

It's a sad situation, Rooneys of this world come along once a generation,we'd be winning everything and be absolutely minted if we kept churning out Rooneys but it doesn't happen. I like the youth set up,i enjoy trying to see how lads develop. It's a good thing to see when all of a sudden it just clicks for them. The the beast is some aren't going to make it, more won't than will but you never know who.

I agree.

I think people have a point when they say we overhype youngsters because we definitely have in the past, like saying Barkley was going to be as good as Gerrard and Lampard. But people have gone too far the other way and it just seems like they want to be the first to write players off as early into their career as possible so they can look clever. “See him there, I knew he was sh** all along, I spotted it”. No one’s arsed lad.

I agree.

I think people have a point when they say we overhype youngsters because we definitely have in the past, like saying Barkley was going to be as good as Gerrard and Lampard. But people have gone too far the other way and it just seems like they want to be the first to write players off as early into their career as possible so they can look clever. “See him there, I knew he was sh** all along, I spotted it”. No one’s arsed lad.

I find it incredibly difficult to see who will make it and who won't. I called Rooney and Barkley, Rooney was 14 and I said to a mate, remember the name and before Ross broke his leg age 16 i thought he was going to be world class(he's doing ok in my eyes but not what he could have been) but that's 2 out of how many years and they really stood out. I thought Branch would make it and well, jigsaw MkII lol. It is an impossible job guessing how a kid will develop, the youth coaches have a tough job.

18, no first team appearances...

He must be the second coming of Dixie Dean! Get him in.

Heaven forbid the professionals at the club do their best to nurture his talents so he gets the chance to get the best out of them over a long career at a high level of the game when he already has a thread on GOT.

I find it incredibly difficult to see who will make it and who won't. I called Rooney and Barkley, Rooney was 14 and I said to a mate, remember the name and before Ross broke his leg age 16 i thought he was going to be world class(he's doing ok in my eyes but not what he could have been) but that's 2 out of how many years and they really stood out. I thought Branch would make it and well, jigsaw MkII lol. It is an impossible job guessing how a kid will develop, the youth coaches have a tough job.

The whole city "called" Rooney at 11 mate, he was all over the press form a very young age.

Walter Smith anted him in the first team at 15!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.