Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back then it was a slightly different style of defending though. Kroldrup read the game well, he wasn't overly physical though.

I remember the rumours that Moyes signed the wrong Danish centre back though. I can't imagine that being the case as Moyes was quite meticulous when it came to signing people but it does seem odd to spend 5M (a lot of money at the time) on a defender who "can't head a ball". Surely he must have known that already.

It just doesnt all add up to me.

He was fine at heading the ball, he was a physical defender in Italy, it just seems like he and us made the wrong decision.

Smaller scale, but just like bergkamp and henry in Italy maybe.

..that’s nothing, @Methuselah, @Steve Wigan and @Joey66 saw Dixie score at Wembley in 1933.

Eight years before I was born! Although Dixies daughter or niece or something used to cut my hair!! Mother evacuated from Seaforth to Blackpool,I was born in Blackpool during an air raid. Fortunately,for me at least, the air raid was in Liverpool. I was premature, and mother went into labour on top of Blackpool Tower, so I was born from a great height. That might explain a lot.;)

It just doesnt all add up to me.

He was fine at heading the ball, he was a physical defender in Italy, it just seems like he and us made the wrong decision.

Smaller scale, but just like bergkamp and henry in Italy maybe.

Yeah it certainly happens, Veron at United is another one, cracking player, just didn't work over here (Played for Chelsea too didn't he?)

I remember him having a boss game against us for United of course but that's Everton for you.

Eight years before I was born! Although Dixies daughter or niece or something used to cut my hair!! Mother evacuated from Seaforth to Blackpool,I was born in Blackpool during an air raid. Fortunately,for me at least, the air raid was in Liverpool. I was premature, and mother went into labour on top of Blackpool Tower, so I was born from a great height. That might explain a lot.;)

And 3 years before I was born. Nothing so dramatic as the top of Blackpool Tower though. I was born in the borough of Abercrombie (which no longer exists) in Liverpool in 1936 (on St Patrick's day). I think Joey66 is just a young lad!lol

The Rimmers......Stuart and Neil. Not related.

Both played for us, not often I admit and easily and readily forgotten. But both played...Neill was a England schoolboy international if I remember correctly. Stuart became Chester’s record goal scorer.

stefan-wessels-of-everton-picture-id525667468

guess the player

Status
Not open for further replies.