Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
He asked to go back to the Italian league, as he realised almost immediately that he couldn't hack it in England ( which is to his credit )

Im pretty sure it was off the field he could not settle with.

Its harder to defend in Italy than prem.

Just googled him - suffered a cruciate ligament injury and then diagnosed with a heart condition. Everton that!
Supposed to really homesick, got put up in digs but didn't really get to mix with anybody , went home and started to play again, Brian Clough was supposed to want him at forest , but we held his registration and wouldn't let it go rumours at the time said

I see where your coming from, but for the money we paid for him and that solo goal he scored against Chelsea, he gets a pass from me.
And me. Can't complain about Beckford ,signed on a free ,scored at Anfield , plus the goal v. Chelsea and we sold him for £2m or so.

Blimey, if you're older than me you are VERY old. I've been lucky enough to see us crowned champions 4 times, and win the cup 3 times. Now that's old.

Im pretty sure it was off the field he could not settle with.

Its harder to defend in Italy than prem.

Back then it was a slightly different style of defending though. Kroldrup read the game well, he wasn't overly physical though.

I remember the rumours that Moyes signed the wrong Danish centre back though. I can't imagine that being the case as Moyes was quite meticulous when it came to signing people but it does seem odd to spend 5M (a lot of money at the time) on a defender who "can't head a ball". Surely he must have known that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.