Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute nonsense. The comparisons to Walcott/ bolasie make no sense either considering we bought them both when they were 28.

Walcott was already on the decline, and Bolasie felt like a vanity signing at the time.

Both had already hit their peaks so no room for improvements in either of them.

McNeil is 22 ffs and has lots of time & potential to improve much further.
The comparison with Walcott and Bolasie concerns a lack of end product from a wide player.

38 league games / 0 goals / 1 assist. I don't care if someone is 16 or 56 years old and produces the above. It isn't good enough and unacceptable to me.

Conor Gallagher is 22 years old and just played well enough to be called up and play in England's congested midfield. He would be the type of young talent I would agree the club should be splashing the case on. Not a bang average football who runs a lot, can control a football and complete a pass - i.e., prerequisites of anyone playing football at even an amateur level.

If I'm paying £20 million for an attacking wide midfielder I'm expect goals and assists.

See Sky is running with an "in excess of 20m" despite there being zero reports that it's in fact in excess of 20m

55ac40df5d14c4e452daab3d28030106.png

I always wondered how we are going to score goals without Richy, and I am still wondering.

Piss poor this get that kopite thomas the tank engine faced moose Thelwell out

By creating chances? Which he does.

Previous seasons he's got 5, 6, 5 assists.

Only had 1 player here with constant assist stats for the past few years and that was Digne.

The comparison with Walcott and Bolasie concerns a lack of end product from a wide player.

38 league games / 0 goals / 1 assist. I don't care if someone is 16 or 56 years old and produces the above. It isn't good enough and unacceptable to me.

Conor Gallagher is 22 years old and just played well enough to be called up and play in England's congested midfield. He would be the type of young talent I would agree the club should be splashing the case on. Not a bang average football who runs a lot, can control a football and complete a pass - i.e., prerequisites of anyone playing football at even an amateur level.

If I'm paying £20 million for an attacking wide midfielder I'm expect goals and assists.
He walks into our team based on that alone.

Stinks of wee and misplaced entitlement in here. I can’t help but smile when fans of Everton have labelled this fella as slow or having no pace when presumably they have closed their eyes whenever Gomes, Allan or Tom Davies are playing and assume they have been the footballing reincarnation of peak Linford Christie. McNeil isnt slow at all, those 3 above are though!

Has a player thread ever had so much vaulting potential?…
Misplaced entitlement? I suggested signing someone like Jeffrey Schlupp for buttons. Yes, he's older but he would give the team a couple of excellent seasons and allow the money to have been spent elsewhere.

There are genuine concerns that the club is spending £15-20 million on a wide player who didn't score a single goal and only provided 1 assist in 38 games when there are glaring holes elsewhere that need addressing first.

Good analysis of him :

Can play wide or in central midfield. Good crossing and link up play. Very good stats on defending. He can be that ball carrying, box-to-box midfielder we miss

interesting that albeit not sure who the analyst is….. wonder whether they are looking at him more for CM as the analyst suggests, good defensively and can pick a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.