Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stinks of wee and misplaced entitlement in here. I can’t help but smile when fans of Everton have labelled this fella as slow or having no pace when presumably they have closed their eyes whenever Gomes, Allan or Tom Davies are playing and assume they have been the footballing reincarnation of peak Linford Christie. McNeil isnt slow at all, those 3 above are though!

Has a player thread ever had so much vaulting potential?…
Gonna vault so many when Dwiggy Mac smashes one in against the RS.

By creating chances? Which he does.

Previous seasons he's got 5, 6, 5 assists.

Only had 1 player here with constant assist stats for the past few years and that l Digne.
Ignor assists its a difficult thing to quantify. Richarlison got 4 assists at least 2 of them were shots that hit someone else (one of Gordons heel and one of DCL's chest). As long his crosses were in the right areas its up to the striker to get on the end of them. Burnely Strikers, couldn't convert. Chris Wood was there best striker and he hardly scored for Newcastle. DCL needs crosses to score, either in the air or low.

I wounder how good McNeil is at corners and free kicks?

Misplaced entitlement? I suggested signing someone like Jeffrey Schlupp for buttons. Yes, he's older but he would give the team a couple of excellent seasons and allow the money to have been spent elsewhere.

There are genuine concerns that the club is spending £15-20 million on a wide player who didn't score a single goal and only provided 1 assist in 38 games when there are glaring holes elsewhere that need addressing first.
I wasn’t addressing you personally so thanks for proving my point. Anyway here’s a lovely song:

And honestly, hes the more solid choice. MGW is probably the highest ceiling player, but McNeil has the lower floor.

Hes younger, and I know people go on about his returns, but he has 7 goals in 130 games v 1 in 65 for a guy in a better team.

Im not going to lie mate, Ill back the lad, but need a lot of convincing, I just haven’t and don’t see it thats my honest opinion. Maybe we can develop him in the central position, I’ll be really happy if the lad proves me wrong.

But my default is, you back the manager, if the manager wants him, rates and knows how he wants to use him, he needs supporting.

Ignor assists its a difficult thing to quantify. Richarlison got 4 assists at least 2 of them were shots that hit someone else (one of Gordons heel and one of DCL's chest). As long his crosses were in the right areas its up to the striker to get on the end of them. Burnely Strikers, couldn't convert. Chris Wood was there best striker and he hardly scored for Newcastle. DCL needs crosses to score, either in the air or low.

I wounder how good McNeil is at corners and free kicks?

He will be our best corner taker

Status
Not open for further replies.