Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just sign the Burnley squad, why not
Burnley are an interesting group. Many of their players were premier league players for years, and a lot of them seem highly rated given the amount that will be sold/staying in the prem this year. Mee, Collins, Tarkowski, McNeil, Pope, Cornet…Maybe it’s more common than I remember but that feels like a lot for a relegated side to have snapped up (or likely to be).

Absolutely floored me this. A summer when we have barely any funds available and can't afford to make a single mistake in the transfer market and we lash £20m on Dwight McNeil. Unbelievable.

I don’t mind this signing if am honest. Seems strange that it looked like we was on the verge of getting Cornet a few weeks back now signing McNeil. We still after Cornet or not.

For 15 million it’s not a bad signing, he has good delivery which should be ideal for DCL.

The only concern is the lack of goals, ideally we’d add some like Terrier as well which would give us good options across the wide positions.

Can't get my head around why him over Cornet. Makes no sense to me. We need goals and creativity. Cornet scored more in half a season than McNeil has in his career
Looks like they want the money up front for Cornet while we’re putting up a much smaller initial fee for McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.