Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guyere from relegated Villa as well.

And Pickford from Sunderland.

Andy Gray was relegated with Wolves before he became an Everton player. He was also promoted with them the following season.

People get hung up on all sorts of things, but there's not a one size fits all metric for buying players. Jags is another one that proves it can be good business.

I'm sure there will be examples of bad buys from relegated clubs, but then doesn't that just sum up thee transfer market as a whole? Some buys will work, others won't.

There's clear evidence to suggest that whether a player has been relegated should not be a primary consideration when assessing the merits of signing that player.

Might look like a risky signing but you have some points that go in you're advantage.

Still only 22 - (Very experienced for his age)
Creates quite a lot of chances
Can only do the world of good for someone like DCL
Will work wonders for him if put under the right manager, could see him flourish.

Price does seem steep though, but that's what you get nowadays for english, homegrown players.

Underwhelmed by the assist stats but the chances created figures have soothed me a bit.

Eye test says he’s capable of whipping a mean cross in. How often, I’m not sure, but I’m choosing to be optimistic. Obviously a good thing for DCL and Sally, but also if we’re playing wing backs then we’ll have them arriving at the back post for some of the deeper efforts.

As to what would constitute a good value first season, I’d probably accept 10 goals/assists and call it a good year. 15 and I’d voluntarily kiss Kev T on the lips.

Looks like it’s a done deal if you believe that Romano, great signing for the money I believe he will become a big player for us as well as vinagre him Tarkowski and McNeil for less than 20m is good business

Lets just sign the Burnley squad, why not

Apparently, it’s the only way that they’ll drop their case against us.

Burnley start their season with no players, we start with a squad of fifty and create a hybrid Burnley / Everton team.

Complete with Sean Dyche looking after the players wives and girlfriends.

1658946795920.png

1658946841068.png

1658946855210.png

1658946872745.png

1658946927761.png

1658946948712.png

1658946996377.png

1658947026929.png

1658947046700.png

It's one of those signings where if you are a fan of one of the other clubs that was linked with him you are beyond relieved to have "missed out". Unfortunately, for us it's one of those where we think why/how haven't the front office learnt from signings like Walcott, Bolasie etc in the past. Rinse and repeat sadly.

Absolute nonsense. The comparisons to Walcott/ bolasie make no sense either considering we bought them both when they were 28.

Walcott was already on the decline, and Bolasie felt like a vanity signing at the time.

Both had already hit their peaks so no room for improvements in either of them.

McNeil is 22 ffs and has lots of time & potential to improve much further.

Status
Not open for further replies.