Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
who runs a lot, can control a football and complete a pass - i.e., prerequisites of anyone playing football at even an amateur level.
You’d like to think the whole squad can do all this at ease but unfortunately they can’t so if he can create chances and keep possession of the ball we’re on to a winner already.

He will be our best corner taker
Hopefully. Always does my head in why taking a decent corner seems beyond many professional football players. Surely kicking a ball approximately 30 metres into a dangerous area of the penalty box is not so difficult if that is your profession and you practice a lot ?‍♂️

Not sure how we get McNeil Gordon Gray Dele and DCL into one starting line up. If we go for a Broja then there’s another one who will want to play.
McNeill, Gray and Gordon alternating either side of DCL depending on opponent

Broja (if we sign him) in for DCL for cup games and if we need something late on in games

Dele and Iwobi alternating as the 3rd man, in advanced role, of a midfield 3

Finally having good options instead of trash on the bench

I feel looked people bigging up these "chances created" stats are probably the same there mocked RickyRyder

We sold a player who notched 10 goals this season, whose going to score if DCL gets injured again, or the opposition decide to put 4 on him, Dele maybe, but your putting a fair bit of faith in him, young Flash to for that matter.

I hope we have plan and haven’t gone to Burnley for Cornet and come home with McNeill.

Might have been an exciting signing…3 seasons ago. He’s tailed off since he first came through and some of the good teams were looking at him.

Gray, McNeil, Townsend, Iwobi, Gordon - poor options those.

He’ll work hard and he’s an honest player but we’re desperately short of quality in the final third, short of goals in the team, don’t have much pace/people who carry the ball and he’s not changing any of that. Not obviously better than what we already have. Underwhelmed really.

Might have been an exciting signing…3 seasons ago. He’s tailed off since he first came through and some of the good teams were looking at him.

Gray, McNeil, Townsend, Iwobi, Gordon - poor options those.

He’ll work hard and he’s an honest player but we’re desperately short of quality in the final third, short of goals in the team, don’t have much pace/people who carry the ball and he’s not changing any of that. Not obviously better than what we already have. Underwhelmed really.
Apparently the stats say he’s very good at carrying the ball forward and creating chances

McNeill, Gray and Gordon alternating either side of DCL depending on opponent

Broja (if we sign him) in for DCL for cup games and if we need something late on in games

Dele and Iwobi alternating as the 3rd man, in advanced role, of a midfield 3

Finally having good options instead of trash on the bench
There’s really not a lot of goals there though, it’s very worrying.

Is it that random though? Useful and versatile premier league footballer. He can play wing back, wide midfield, in a midfield three or even full back. He would cost buttons and give the team a couple of excellent seasons. I rather focus the funds on a DCM rather than McNeil.
Yep. I honestly think he’s best suited as a wing back

i know you tube are made to make the players look better. But really enjoyed that one on the previous page. Looks like a good signing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.