Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.

He looked so naturally able to play on the right it's honestly hard to comprehend that he's spent years on the other side. I'm seriously intrigued here, there's a lot that he can bring playing similarly to how he did here.
For Dyches Burnley, playing on the left made sense because he’s one of the best crossers in the league.
Their system was so rigid that if you’re playing on the left of a midfield 4, you’ve not got license to wander.

Looks to have loads more to his game when he’s able to cut inside though.

Good start. Hopefully more to come. Remember it was a friendly. This place crucifies him in a few weeks if he's not replicated that in real matches.

I've been very positive tonight! Up to you to actually read. McNeil was great, I think I've said that enough. I'm pretty excited about him at this moment.

download.jpeg.jpg

there's going to be a lot of people on here eating some humble pie after that performance, including me.

mmmm humble pie.
To be honest, I've eaten a lot of that recently that my missus thought she saw Nevile Southall doing the washing up.
In fact the only thing I've got right is the downfall of the Iberian idiot although you don't have to be Stephen Fry to see that one coming.

He looked so naturally able to play on the right it's honestly hard to comprehend that he's spent years on the other side. I'm seriously intrigued here, there's a lot that he can bring playing similarly to how he did here.

I was saying last week, and indeed before that, that you cant really judge McNeil on what he did for Burnley, because he was being asked to do a very different job mate. Essentially to play as an old fashioned widely left, whip crosses in and keep his defensive shape.

Hes been liberated in that new role and a I think it will give him a new lease of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.