Dr.Doom (Mourinho)

Do we want Mourinho?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new manager has to be fireproof a bit like Ancelotti was, it’s the only way to get anything out of these players. If they feel they can unseat him, they’ll have him out as soon as possible.

The message to the players has to be that this manager will outlast most of them and that sweeping reforms are coming unless they buck their attitude up immediately. If it’s a nice appointment to just keep the camp happy then they’ll play along for as long as it suits them then will have the manager out once it gets close to transfer window time again.

This has to be like Ancelotti was where the manager had such standing that the problems were laid at the door of the players and they had to answer to them or they’d be shipped out. It worked for a while as well until Carlo had his head turned. Mourinho would give us that. He’d call the players out and the board would hopefully back him on it. I fear that a weaker manager will just go the way the rest have.

But the players did down tools on Ancelotti so I don’t know what your point is here? He didn’t scorch the earth and kick them out either, he rewarded Sigurdsson with the captain’s armband and kept accommodating the likes of Iwobi and Coleman.

Mourinho would be a disaster of an appointment, things would pan out exactly the same way as they have with Benitez.

272103673_4889991614373587_9051904879575417948_n.jpg

No manager over 60 please.

There you go Ageism pure and simple.

No Bus parking here and sulky ‘it’s the board who won’t support me’

I am happy right now and would not change this Roma project for any other.

“I gave my word for these three years and I will not leave before the three years are up.

He did get a tune out of them. United we’re winning trophies and 2nd, and Spurs were top of the league for a while playing devastating counterattacking football and made the league cup final.

Both of those tenures fell apart because both fan bases had some over entities view of what their football should look like, backed up by a kopite media who hate him, and both had petulant squads full of egos who basically wanted themselves to have the glory not the manager.

Now whilst we have one of the worst most unprofessional squads in the league, we’re relatively devoid of egos with our best players (Richarlison DCL Gray Doucoure Mina) actually working pretty well for any manager. It’s the bottom feeders of the squad who refuse to follow instructions and they’d have no leg to stand on with the media or the fan base if they ignored Mourinho. The board wouldn’t have an issue with anything he was doing. So it would just be down to the fan base to show that it’s not a ridiculous one like United or Spurs.

At Chelsea and Inter when the players followed his methods and the board supported him he got brilliant results. Same at Madrid also.
Do Roma also have fans with over entitled views and a petulant squad full of egos? The same Roma who have outspent the majority of their competition under Mourinho and have seemingly gone backwards?

That said I don't think he'd be terrible. He's not the tactical dinosaur he's made out to be, is very flexible and not an out and out "dark powers" manager. But you can't pick and choose the relevant parts of his career and ignore what doesn't fit the narrative you're pushing.

I'm pretty sure you also have no idea whatsoever about why those tenures actually fell apart. The claims of petulant egos are wildly speculative and backed up by no facts whatsoever unless you can seriously tell us you had access behind the scenes at Man Utd and Spurs during those periods. And their fanbases are pretty much the same as fanbases all over the world - just as susceptible to being told or believing that they're somehow better or different, Dis Meenz Moor.

Status
Not open for further replies.