Don't tell me Sky Sports don't do this to annoy Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That whole panel today was a disgrace with their indifference to us. Begrudged acceptance of Lukaku's goals...only Merson giving him any praise....even Charlie Nicholas being negative. Youre right about Leicester...they did more on Cambiaso (?) and clips of his performance against us...yet Leicester aren't even playing this weekend !!! They can all get stuffed as far as Im concerned.
Charlie Nicholas and Merse been [Poor language removed] ever since we challenged arsenal last year.

Believe it or not, the fourth CL team is more to do with how much the bidding rights for Europa and CL games go in home nations. There is NO danger to us losing our 4th slot anytime soon. Money talks with UEFA. Who'd a thunk it?
Is the coeficient not worked out from match results using a known formulae. In other words how does money talk?

There is some serious paranoia going on at the moment.

We are not playing well in the League and are in the bottom half of the table. Of course it is going to be discussed by the media as to what the reasons for it are, that is their job. And of course as a result some negative things are going to be said.

You take the plaudits when you are doing well, so you have to take the stick when you're not.

It's not worth being bothered about it in the slightest.

Is the coeficient not worked out from match results using a known formulae. In other words how does money talk?

The associations' club coefficients rankings are based on the results of each association's clubs in the five previous UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League seasons. The rankings determine the number of places allocated to an association (country) in forthcoming UEFA club competition.

Points system1. Each team gets two points for a win and one point for a draw (points are halved for matches in the qualifying and play-off rounds).
2. Clubs that reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Champions League, or the quarter-finals, semi-finals or final of the UEFA Europa League, are awarded an extra point for each round.
3. In addition, four points are awarded for participation in the group stage of the UEFA Champions League and four points for qualifying for the round of 16.

Coefficient calculationThe coefficient is calculated by working out an average score: dividing the number of points obtained, by the total number of clubs representing an association in that season’s two club competitions. The resulting figure is then tallied with the results of the previous four seasons to calculate the coefficient. Where two associations have the same coefficient, the association with the higher coefficient in the most recent season is placed first.

These rankings will be updated after each round of UEFA club competition matches.

equal.png
Spain 18.214 20.857 17.714 23.000 14.642 94.427 5/7
equal.png
England 18.357 15.250 16.428 16.785 12.857 79.677 4/7
equal.png
Germany 15.666 15.250 17.928 14.714 13.571 77.129 5/7
equal.png
Italy 11.571 11.357 14.416 14.166 13.833 65.343 6/6
equal.png
Portugal 18.800 11.833 11.750 9.916 8.250 60.549 1/6

I think Naismith has been sound, his energy levels are unbelievable, also love it when it kicks - off he is right in there. If there is one negative though, it is when we break away and the ball gets to him he slows it down.

Agreed but I've said many times this season that Naismith the only fella who can hand on heart say he's put a shift in every game so in theory Charlie is right, though he's only judged that on watching match of the day the bad one earing stud tit. The rest of the squad have been struck by injury or out of form.

I don't think he should be picked every game, but I certainly understand why a Martinez has been picking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.