Don't Blame Me, I Only Work Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that, but these are all seasoned professionals who should not need instructions to pass to their own teammates.
i get that but the problem comes when they dont do what the manager tells them and they get dropped.
At this level, every one of them players is good enough to play pretty much as the manager tells them, they can play to a system. Similar to Martinez yr2&3 I see that the players arent buying into it and going through the motions.

But....

It may well stem from his training method. From an article about Mourhinio:

"Last season Eden Hazard observed that the main difference between José Mourinho and Antonio Conte was that Mourinho does not practise “automisations”. He does not have players practise set moves they can perform almost unconsciously that can be deployed at great pace when the situation demands. He organises his defence and leaves his forwards to improvise. That has been taken by some as evidence that Mourinho is no longer at the forefront of coaching – and perhaps it is – but it is also a detail that explains his entire methodology." (From https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...method-charisma-instability-manchester-united - worth a read in full).

Now, compare this to what's been said about Allardyce:

"The big problem was that Big Sam was more worried about stopping the opposition than out-playing them. Significantly, shortly before his dismissal a first teamer revealed that in the premable to one game - coincidentally against Blackburn - Allardyce spent 30 minutes discussing how to thwart Rovers before a Newcastle player finally piped up with: "But what do you want us to do when we've got the ball?" (Fro. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2009/jan/15/sam-allardyce-newcastle-united-blackburn)

I strongly suspect he's expecting improvisation and subscribes to the same school as Mourhinio. It ain't working, perhaps some offensive strategizing might help?
Automisations / Muscle memory.
The 6P's - proper preparation prevents piss poor performance.
Then apply the 3G's - get it, give it, go.
Average teams look for some one to pass to.
A better team will always have one player to pass to
Good teams will have two
Great teams will have three options making themselves available

While Hazard is the one remarking on it, in truth the defenders need to be doing this automisation and doing it in 2 stages
Stage one; going back...A, B, C and D will always mark up for corners thus, etc...give him his due Moyes did, by all accounts, lots of this. Martinez reaped the benefit for 6mths.
Stage 2; going forward a quick out ball, Mike England said he practiced ad infinitum hitting balls from all over the box to the centre circle, because he knew Martin Chivers would ALWAYS be there to collect it and hold it up...which is why having everybody back is stupid, especially great lumps like Lukaku who are a liability in their own area as has been seen on a few occasions.
Stage 2; going forward less hurriedly. Kenny gets the ball somewhere near abouts the corner of his own box, in a none Allardyce world (maybe in a proper coach world) he would practice and have instinct / automisation / muscle memory and alway hit the ball to were Walcott or whoever should be.

Stage 2; Moyes Allardyce et al. HOOF...and it comes right back down your throat.

I'm sure keepers do this automisation and practice hitting back passes played from and to all parts of their half.

Apply the same principles to all players

Good teams will have two

While Hazard is the one remarking on it, in truth the defenders need to be doing this automisation and doing it in 2 stages
Stage one; going back...A, B, C and D will always mark up for corners thus, etc...give him his due Moyes did, by all accounts, lots of this. Martinez reaped the benefit for 6mths.
Stage 2; going forward a quick out ball, Mike England said he practiced ad infinitum hitting balls from all over the box to the centre circle, because he knew Martin Chivers would ALWAYS be there to collect it and hold it up...which is why having everybody back is stupid, especially great lumps like Lukaku who are a liability in their own area as has been seen on a few occasions.
Stage 2; going forward less hurriedly. Kenny gets the ball somewhere near abouts the corner of his own box, in a none Allardyce world (maybe in a proper coach world) he would practice and have instinct / automisation / muscle memory and alway hit the ball to were Walcott or whoever should be.

Stage 2; Moyes Allardyce et al. HOOF...and it comes right back down your throat.

I'm sure keepers do this automisation and practice hitting back passes played from and to all parts of their half.

Put simply the players don't have options on the ball. Whether it's because we are not practicing automations or because they're being told to focus on defensive positioning they're unwilling to move into position.

As you say it was the same under Moyes.

Martinez wanted us to attack but the daft git was seemingly unwilling / incapable of switching from being positive and containment / basic defending (not practicing corners ffs) as required.

Can we find someone who'll take a balanced approach? Please?

Jesus, people knew nothing about coaching philosophy but now it’s like being on a coaching Twitter feed.

There are a lot of signs of proscribed activity in our team ‘in x situation do y’ which is the automation that Mourinho doesn’t particularly do. We however seem to be doing it in bucketloads. It’s why we’re totally weak in 50/50’s and can be completely stymied in attack.

The problem seems to be that from an attacking sense we look to get the ball forward rapidly, which in invasion based games makes complete sense. The problem lies that we are clearly so, so myopic when it comes to attack. Get to box, attempt to cross in. That comes from automation or ‘drills’ as they are more commonly known. What’s missing is the ability to move the ball and defenders about, we did it well against Leicester, mainly as we had Coleman, Walcott, Davies, Niasse all moving and passing the ball, we created gaps well. You can’t develop that with drills per say, that develops through the use of games in training and squads that know each other. The other night there was so little movement in attack it was embarrassing.

So, where’s the problem? Tactically and Technically our players aren’t cut out for that kinda game. Gueye will tackle and intercept all day, but doesn’t give anything in attack, our wing backs are hopeless in attack etc.

So I kinda get what BFS is saying, but realistically he’s protecting the players.

Good teams will have two

HIRE THIS MAN

One of Allardyce's quotes after the 'no show' at Watford reads as follows;
"But you can't blame me if they don't pass the ball to each other."
Has anybody got any idea who we should blame, if our multi million pound manager who allegedly coaches these players reckons it's not his fault?

He he he, at least he's in on the joke now. thank god i was beginning to think he was actually our manager.

Imagine if your manager was interviewed at the end of a working day?

' nah sorry, cant help you if they are useless and dont speak to each other, im only the manager what can i do '

HAHAHAHAHAH

The players have some responsibility, but so does BFS, our tactics were "hit and hope". Right before they scored we were going to take off Rooney and Sigurdsson and bring on Bolasie and Schneiderlin to try and see the game out and get a point. He changed it after they scored, schneiderlin sat down and DCL came on instead, but it was essentially the same, blast it up top and see if someone can make something happen. It turned out we could barely get the ball off them and they kept it in the corners for most of the remaining time

Status
Not open for further replies.