Don't Blame Me, I Only Work Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
so it would appear that our 30 million pound striker is crap, after how much time out there playing and how many chances created for him?

Conte said that Tosun was a good buy and will do well, so did Guardiola - so maybe, just maybe it is that useless oaf of a manager that is not getting the best out of our players, by having nothing to offer except negative hoof ball tactics. We all know players are fickle and not particularly bright - they need to be told what to do at all levels, exactly what are they practicing? I have noticed that we find row Z more often, but I reckon that is all the difference I have seen since this oaf came to "manage" us.

Just get him and his acolytes out.

Yeahhh the players are responsible for their own actions, but they’re obviously told a certain way to play, and it is just hoof ball. Odds are they aren’t gonna be hitting their men a lot of the time. I just don’t see how he is deflecting so much of the blame. He’s in charge of how we set up and he’s either ignorant to the fact or incompetent if he thinks this hoof ball bollocks is getting us anywhere.

We’re awful and he’s pathetic, incapable of taking any blame, I find him so undignifying to watch. Constantly throwing players under the bus and taking no blame like

Its not just hoofball though. Its pass it around aimlessly before giving it away (via hoof or terrible pass) ball.

Doesn't roll off the tongue I know....

The comments are not what you like to hear but he isn't wrong either. Top flight professional footballers should be able to pass and move without being told to do so. The players get far too many excuses made for them. 3 different managers this has been happening under now.

Its not just hoofball though. Its pass it around aimlessly before giving it away (via hoof or terrible pass) ball.

Doesn't roll off the tongue I know....

The comments are not what you like to hear but he isn't wrong either. Top flight professional footballers should be able to pass and move without being told to do so. The players get far too many excuses made for them. 3 different managers this has been happening under now.

Yes agreed but the manager should be working on helping the players where they should be in each phase of the game to ensure they are - in some way - effecting the game.

When Rooney gets it at CM, where should Sig be? Where should Cenk be? If Cenk receives it, where should Davies be? If Davies is tracked, where should Gueye be. If Gueye hasn't reacted, where should Cenk turn to protect the ball.

Guardiola coaches this better than anyone. so we can't get a Guardiola, fine- but there are others out there.

What you get with Allardyce, Redknapp, Hodgson, Pardew...the list goes on and on... they say "go out there and play with freedom". And at home that can work to a certain extent because you naturally have more of the ball.

What we saw on Saturday was a team (Watford) dying to be beat. But we have no game plan other than get to Rooney and see what he can conjure.

It's awful management.

Yes agreed but the manager should be working on helping the players where they should be in each phase of the game to ensure they are - in some way - effecting the game.

When Rooney gets it at CM, where should Sig be? Where should Cenk be? If Cenk receives it, where should Davies be? If Davies is tracked, where should Gueye be. If Gueye hasn't reacted, where should Cenk turn to protect the ball.

Guardiola coaches this better than anyone. so we can't get a Guardiola, fine- but there are others out there.

What you get with Allardyce, Redknapp, Hodgson, Pardew...the list goes on and on... they say "go out there and play with freedom". And at home that can work to a certain extent because you naturally have more of the ball.

What we saw on Saturday was a team (Watford) dying to be beat. But we have no game plan other than get to Rooney and see what he can conjure.

It's awful management.

They shouldn't need working on though for basics such as making a few yards for yourself to receive a pass. It's so basic. You learn that in school.

I agree with what you are saying in terms of player x goes to player y etc but it's worse than that. Take a look at our throw ins for example, they literally just stand there, they don't shape up to move, make dummy runs, wave a hand to say they want the ball etc, its pathetic and to me it is not a managerial thing that, it is basic common sense.

I am hardly Pele, I am not even Cuco Martina, I am a 40 year old overweight bloke who turns like a tank on an iceberg but even I could take a couple of steps away from my marker to make room for a passing option (I would then mis-control it into row Z but whatever...)

It has now been happening under 3 pretty different managers and that is worrying. The only ones who seem to do it are Rooney, Walcott and Niasse. For all his flaws Niasse at least keeps opponents busy with his movement. We are staggeringly easy to play against because all an opponent has to do is stand close to one of our players and wait for the inevitable forced pass because the easy ball is never on.

One of Allardyce's quotes after the 'no show' at Watford reads as follows;
"But you can't blame me if they don't pass the ball to each other."
Has anybody got any idea who we should blame, if our multi million pound manager who allegedly coaches these players reckons it's not his fault?
Was he like this at other clubs ?
I can't say I paid that much attention to his pressers before ?

today,football managers are more important then before, and if you have a manager like sam, many problems in team is because of him.
-can’t effect players any positive
-can’t effect the game with any tactical change in it, or any subs in right time
-can’t create any tactics related with modern football. his coward tactics and formations effects confidence and potential in team very badly
-always blames his team. never gives after speechs as “We lost” or “ we played bad”. always “they”. they can’t make passes etc. I think his connection with the team is like a paid worker so much. can’t relate personally with situation at all.
-don’t know how to get best of his players. always giving them tasks which will pull their performance lower
etc etc

a manager without any vision. must take the blame.

It's awful management.

Yeahhh Id say me post wasn’t exactly very in depth, blame anger and having to watch us all season. It’s genuinely draining me. Awful management does come into it but I think it all comes from the back four. The midfield have to pull back to protect them so there isn’t an actual outball and it just leaves Cenk or whoever’s up front isolated. I don’t get why we’re chopping and changing centre halves every week, pick two and play them. How are Holgate or Keane meant to get any kind of chemistry with whoever’s next to them constantly changing?

Horrible season this. Can’t wait til next year. Gonna go on the fattest bender ever when he gets sacked, wake up 4 years later in a ditch in Belfast with no idea who I am and not a penny to me name

The way to look at this is with your own job. Let’s say your manager comes up with an idea and it’s fails, he then turns around and blames you. A week later same again, and again and again... are you really gonna put the effort in for this manager?

Sam picks the team and sets the tactics. The players can’t always be at fault. The manager got it wrong at Spurs. The players fell apart at Arsenal.

It's awful management.

That's not even managing, let alone awful managing. If one player plays badly/can't pass, that's their fault. If it's a whole team then over a range of games then it's down to the manager. His job is to make them play well. If they don't (for whatever reason) then that is his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.