Don't Blame Me, I Only Work Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam picked him to play and gave him instructions on which position to play in.
Further to this, he also picked the players around Rooney for him to pass to and dictated where they should start when Rooney gets the ball and where they should end up once the ball leaves Rooney's foot.
Coleman starts in defence, gets the ball on the right wing around the half way, or he starts further up and collects in nearer the pen area for example. This defines whether Rooney has a simple forward pass or a Hollywood ball to make just to find a player.
He tells them how attacking they should be or how much they should be looking over their shoulders.
He is the one who is responsible for motivating them to work hard.

The whole picture from squad, to team, to attitude, ability, motivation, tactics and ultimately the result is influenced and therefore the responsibility of the manager.

If we play dross, it's his fault because he can change personnel, motivate the players, change the tactics, make subs and so on required to get the results that we are not getting.

It can't be just a player's fault. Sure if Rooney plays badly it's down to him, but if he was correctly prepared in a well setup team and appropriately motivated, he likely wouldn't play badly in the first place.

I get that, but these are all seasoned professionals who should not need instructions to pass to their own teammates.
True, but asking Kenny or Martina to pick out Niasse or Walcott every time (which, as far as I can see at least, is our "tactics") is a bit different to Rooney, Gylfi and Gana pinging short passes to each other.

It’s always a generic sound bite isn’t it? Never singled out criticism like ‘Rooney couldn’t hit a pass to save his life’ or ‘Midfield wasn’t working.’

"It's not my fault if the players can't pass" and this is one of many of "Not my fault gov" so I think blaming everyone as a whole is disgraceful without taking responsibility himself, maybe a manager earing £6m a year shouldn't pass the buck.

I have been saying that for ages, he never takes any responsibility always blames the players but the players are not blameless either.

Realistically, how long are we expecting him to be here? Because I can't really see him going before the end of the season, then hopefully we'll have a quick appointment, go into the season with fresh hopes

One of Allardyce's quotes after the 'no show' at Watford reads as follows;
"But you can't blame me if they don't pass the ball to each other."
Has anybody got any idea who we should blame, if our multi million pound manager who allegedly coaches these players reckons it's not his fault?

Before he got fired from the barcodes, there was a story leaked that Big Sam went on a long diatribe about everything the squad was doing wrong. About 45 minutes into the monolouge a barcode player finally raised his hand and asked "So what are we supposed to do when we have the ball?"

Status
Not open for further replies.