2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's led the line for half a season, played as a winger and a full back in his first full season. Improved every game. Finished as our top assiter.

Yet we make excuses for our £45mill man as hes played "out of position" or others that have done zero but need to be given "another chance"

We're a weird lot some times.

Played wing back for 45 mins of the entire season.

He’s a distant third behind Niasse and Tosun, and would benefit from a loan.

He's led the line for half a season, played as a winger and a full back in his first full season. Improved every game. Finished as our top assiter.

Yet we make excuses for our £45mill man as hes played "out of position" or others that have done zero but need to be given "another chance"

We're a weird lot some times.

Doubt he would have finished out top assister if he actually finished the sitters he's missed

If he wasn't getting chances to miss I'd be worried. Finishing can come, knowing where to be is harder to learn.
I agree. But thats also a side of his game he needs to get better at, and he can. But he needs to learn from watching others, and he needs individual coaching too and I'm not convinced he's getting the latter.

I agree. But thats also a side of his game he needs to get better at, and he can. But he needs to learn from watching others, and he needs individual coaching too and I'm not convinced he's getting the latter.

Hopefully the new manager will bring better coaches with him. From everything I’ve read Silva is an excellent coach.

Thankfully Tosun is a great finisher. DCL should be watching and learning from him.

He does get into some great positions. I remember the last England U21 game, maybe Ukraine, where he came on as a sub and got into a ton of great positions in just a few minutes.
Late in the game and they were goiing for it to be fair. But there's going to be games like that in the premier too. We just need the playrr in midfield who can pick him out.

Played wing back for 45 mins of the entire season.

He’s a distant third behind Niasse and Tosun, and would benefit from a loan.

And still got an assist.

While Siggurdson flopped about trying to trap a ball "out of position".

Point is, DCL doesn't get a pass for being young, trying his best, actually having an output, played and got on where he was told.

Yet we defend players in the latter stages of their career, who won't improve, for a variety of reasons for being bang average and not doing as much as the kid.

Wouldn't say he is gash and wouldn't give up on him but seriously needs a loan to gain experience. Don't think it would be a PL team either because he isn't yet good enough and we certainly don't need him as a bit part player here. There is something about him that wants to keep him but also something about him that's missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.