2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be the focal point of the attack in the coming games.

We didn't have a goal scorer, now we do. I don't think he is the answer but we have only had 3 scorers this season so far? So playing one in his best position is the best way to go.

He has an unorthodox technique in bringing the ball under control but it seems to work and if he does do a loose first touch, he is persistent enough to try and try until he has control of the ball. He also did some nice turns and flicks, although some didn't come off but at least he is trying. Definitely one for the future.

Needs to be the focal point of the attack in the coming games.

We didn't have a goal scorer, now we do. I don't think he is the answer but we have only had 3 scorers this season so far? So playing one in his best position is the best way to go.

We've actually had seven scorers mate. In all comps:

DCL - 3
Rooney -2
Gueye - 1
Sigurdsson - 1
Keane - 1
Baines -1
Niasse -1

Nowhere near enough goals there for 11 games, mind

DCL needs to lead the line. He's the nearest we've got to a focal point at the moment and he should be what our attack is built around, with the rest of the players slotting around him.

We've actually had seven scorers mate. In all comps:

DCL - 3
Rooney -2
Gueye - 1
Sigurdsson - 1
Keane - 1
Baines -1
Niasse -1

Nowhere near enough goals there for 11 games, mind

DCL needs to lead the line. He's the nearest we've got to a focal point at the moment and he should be what our attack is built around, with the rest of the players slotting around him.
I don't even remember gueye scoring for us to be honest! Haha

Why would you give him a lot of stick last season mate....he was 19 yrs old !!!

I say "stick", I really just got annoyed at the amount of games he was getting as he looked well out if his depth and was being played in a wide position which, as this season has demonstrated, doesn't get the best out of him

It is clear the one winner from our balls up of not getting a striker in will be DCL. He is going to get far more time on the pitch now because of it and that will speed up his progress as a player which if it carries on at the current rate it will mean we will have a very good player this time next year. Yes he will have poor games as he is young and won't be great all the time same as Davies, it is up to Koeman to know when to take him out of the side and rest him so as not to ruin his season. This is a great opportunity for the lad and so far he has done well despite the odd blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.