2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you remember him missing many guilt edge chances? Play him centrally and give him the opportunity to develop his natural game.
One thing I look for in young strikers is, do they panic or rush or even look frightened if an opportunity to score comes to them. He looks calm and comfortable to me.

He is like a wily gnarled old pro at the age of 20, good things to come from this young man.

Can you remember him missing many guilt edge chances? Play him centrally and give him the opportunity to develop his natural game.
One thing I look for in young strikers is, do they panic or rush or even look frightened if an opportunity to score comes to them. He looks calm and comfortable to me.
I remember him missing two 1 vs 1 against Sevilla and the game afterwards. Aswell as generally looking like he couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo against anyone half decent

I gave him a lot of stick last season in so much as I didn't think he looked anywhere near ready for the 1st team.

Have to say that while Sunderland may be a poor side, Calvert-Lewin was absolutely tremendous tonight. He'd have been MOTM even if he hadn't scored as his all-round game was excellent. Really impressed. Has to stay in the team as our number 9 for the weekend now

I remember him missing two 1 vs 1 against Sevilla and the game afterwards. Aswell as generally looking like he couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo against anyone half decent
Pre season training game. But ok ignore the 1 vs 1 in a E.L. qualifier

You asked the question.
I differentiate between a friendly and a competitive game. Besides every player misses chances , it's inevitable , it's how a player reacts which particularly for a 20 yr old gives a clue to how they can develop. Does his head go down, does he hide? What I've seen so far is positive. Long way to go but let's look on the bright side, he could be a player, leave the negativity to the day when he deserves it.

I gave him a lot of stick last season in so much as I didn't think he looked anywhere near ready for the 1st team.

Have to say that while Sunderland may be a poor side, Calvert-Lewin was absolutely tremendous tonight. He'd have been MOTM even if he hadn't scored as his all-round game was excellent. Really impressed. Has to stay in the team as our number 9 for the weekend now
Why would you give him a lot of stick last season mate....he was 19 yrs old !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.