2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Zat I understand perfectly the selling DCL part (agree with it) it's the loaning a player for 12 months bit that makes no sense. There are plenty of players we could sign for any DCL fee, you and I both know that.

Of course.

But if you look ONLY at the argument that keeping him even though his contract running down, is a GOOD thing.

Im only saying that if that was true about him staying being critical to next season.

Even if we sold him and used everything on a loan for a better player (massively overpaying of course).

It would still make far more sense than letting his contract run down.

DCL would go in 12months....the better player we use the DCL money on goes in 12months.

It simply underlines why we should never hold onto a player who wants to run his deal down, if we can avoid it.

I feel like there's got to be some winding up here, or folk are still razzed from last night. Isn't Zat just saying if we keep Dom and he runs down his contract, we miss out on circa 25m as he will go for free. Then we have 5m in his wages so we are essentially spending 30m on dom for 1 season? And thats in the same vein as loaning 1 player for a season for 30m (except thats spent and not lost).
I love dom but if he doesn't sign another contract, he needs to go. The club cant afford to let him go on a free

I feel like there's got to be some winding up here, or folk are still razzed from last night. Isn't Zat just saying if we keep Dom and he runs down his contract, we miss out on circa 25m as he will go for free. Then we have 5m in his wages so we are essentially spending 30m on dom for 1 season? And thats in the same vein as loaning 1 player for a season for 30m (except thats spent and not lost).
I love dom but if he doesn't sign another contract, he needs to go. The club cant afford to let him go on a free

You are my hero for the day ;)

Yes, play along please.

Of course.

But if you look ONLY at the argument that keeping him even though his contract running down, is a GOOD thing.

Im only saying that if that was true about him staying being critical to next season.

Even if we sold him and used everything on a loan for a better player (massively overpaying of course).

It would still make far more sense than letting his contract run down.

DCL would go in 12months....the better player we use the DCL money on goes in 12months.

It simply underlines why we should never hold onto a player who wants to run his deal down, if we can avoid it.

….nothing you can do if a player wants to run his deal down and I expect the club are already aware of DCLs intention. They might even choose to not sell if they see him as pivotal to staying up.

As far as bringing in another forward, let’s not forget we’ve already spent circa €50m on Maupay, Beto and Chermiti so even if DCL leaves i can’t see there being monies for another with those 3 here next season.

The biggest worry about losing DCL is we will replace him with a lesser skilled player (we scored 40 goals last season as it was). Therefore resulting in the team being weakend upfront resulting in relegation as we move into Bramley Moore. The recent signings of Beto and Maupay really don't inspire confidence.

Yes, play along please.

Serious? You were wumming me?

….nothing you can do if a player wants to run his deal down and I expect the club are already aware of DCLs intention. They might even choose to not sell if they see him as pivotal to staying up.

As far as bringing in another forward, let’s not forget we’ve already spent circa €50m on Maupay, Beto and Chermiti so even if DCL leaves i can’t see there being monies for another with those 3 here next season.

Thats assuming we would keep all 3 of them. Also that the 2 foreigners may improve in their 2nd season.

We may also use the cash on a different position which could prove to be more valuable than keeping DCL.

That 19 year old kid linked today looks interesting...him on the right, Chermiti up top and Dobbin in the mix as well....3 19/20 year olds to develop across the front line.

The biggest worry about losing DCL is we will replace him with a lesser skilled player (we scored 40 goals last season as it was). Therefore resulting in the team being weakend upfront resulting in relegation as we move into Bramley Moore. The recent signings of Beto and Maupay really don't inspire confidence.

Do you think if Beto started every game last season he would have scored less than DCL?

I think Beto & Chermiti combined next season will hit 12-15 goals no problem.

Thats assuming we would keep all 3 of them. Also that the 2 foreigners may improve in their 2nd season.

We may also use the cash on a different position which could prove to be more valuable than keeping DCL.

That 19 year old kid linked today looks interesting...him on the right, Chermiti up top and Dobbin in the mix as well....3 19/20 year olds to develop across the front line.

Do you think if Beto started every game last season he would have scored less than DCL?

….but DCL didn’t ‘start every game’. The fair question is, ‘if Beto started the same number of games as DCL would he have scored more goals?’ I doubt he would but even then, goals aren’t everything and I’d say his all around contribution would be way short.

bed

….but DCL didn’t ‘start every game’. The fair question is, ‘if Beto started the same number of games as DCL would he have scored more goals?’ I doubt he would but even then, goals aren’t everything and I’d say his all around contribution would be way short.
Beto cant even score Penos.