2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

You keep writing "for a season"???

Are you signing players on 12 month contracts or are you signing them on loan.

Lukaku and Jonathan David aren't coming here... you must smoke DMT daily I swear.

Good Lord, Ive written the same thing several timea and you still cant grasp it.

Shut up Zat

Nor you :eek:

To be fair, where Zat has a point is that if there is no prospect of him renewing we are faced with a straight choice between 25m (plus the wages saved) or one more year of DCL it's a valid way to look at it that you'd be effectively paying 25m for a 1 year loan of DCL.

And if you frame it that way it would be madness to do so. And if you did want to lash 25m at a striker for a single year in all likelihood you could do better, it's just that you never would.

Precisely.

He either signs a new contract or he's sold, I've said the same for ages.

I just don't understand how anyone can think we'd get some class striker in for £25m since that's the price of a Beto these days...

I dont think anyone has said a permanent long term "class striker" would be signed for under £25mil.

DCL is going for £25m though?

£25m is not “the price of a Beto”. It’s only us that pay these fees for crap players. With proper scouting you wouldn’t buy Beto’s for £25m, that’s why nobody else does.

He was that price because there was no initial money down. Thats why we overpaid on tbe deal overall.

I'm not sure you two are disagreeing as much as you think you are then, unless I'm reading things wrong. You both seem to agree (as do I) that effectively spending 25m for one year of DCL would be madness, as would spending 25m for one year of anyone.

Where I agree with Zat is just that if we were to do so (which we wouldn't) we probably could get a better option for a single year. And that kind of cancels out the argument some (not you) are making that DCL's contribution is worth us sacrificing the money for.

I think @Nymzee hasnt read the posts correctly as he didnt see Id said we could get Lukaku or Jonathan David.

Their clubs and the players arent rejecting £25mil + DCL wages for a season.

Zat got full Zatmania.

No, my point is actually brilliant.

Good Lord, Ive written the same thing several timea and you still cant grasp it.

Precisely.

I dont think anyone has said a permanent long term "class striker" would be signed for under £25mil.

He was that price because there was no initial money down. Thats why we overpaid on tbe deal overall.

I think @Nymzee hasnt read the posts correctly as he didnt see Id said we could get Lukaku or Jonathan David.

You are bonkers. You’re writing it again! Stop suggesting we can get either of those players on loan for a year.

You are bonkers. You’re writing it again! Stop suggesting we can get either of those players on loan for a year.

Here are the choices.

A: Keep DCL for 12months and then lose for free

B: Offer him a contract extension

C: Accept a reasonable offer for him.

You wont have a bad word said about DCL. Even when he was always injured, not scoring and suchlike he was always number 1 for you.

Like other players who i wanted / liked before they signed (e.g Pickford/Tarkowski) or after they signed (DCL / Branthwaite) there should be a point where you recognise the time for them to leave.

There is an argument made by some that we should keep DCL for 12months and allow his contract fo expire.

To refuse any offers to sell and just purposely let the deal run down.

Why?

Because it is crucial to have this now non-goalscoring lynchpin and fulcrum of our attack one more season.

That comes at a cost of his wages AND the loss of a £25mil fee.

You love him, you dont want to lose him.

Rather than keeping him, if we sold him for £25million + saved the circa £5mil on his wages, that is £30million.

As the argument is we need to keep him ONE SEASON.

Why would we not sell and use the £30mil to LOAN someone for ONE SEASON.

This is a direct comparison with the argument to keep him ONE SEASON.

If you dont think Everton can loan a superior player for ONE SEASON for THIRTY MILLION then you are quite insane in your love for DCL.

£30mil for a 12 month loan deal would not be rejected for any centre forwards valued at £50mil and below. Its a £577k a week fee lol

To repeat myself a 4th time, this is NOT what I would suggest.

I am simply highlighting the STUPIDITY of rejecting offers for him and letting his contract expire. When the money can bring in far better players for a season it shows the ABSURDITY of choosing to hold onto him without a new deal signed.

@Tony's Carp seems to be the only person to understand this.

Here are the choices.

You wont have a bad word said about DCL. Even when he was always injured, not scoring and suchlike he was always number 1 for you.

Like other players who i wanted / liked before they signed (e.g Pickford/Tarkowski) or after they signed (DCL / Branthwaite) there should be a point where you recognise the time for them to leave.

There is an argument made by some that we should keep DCL for 12months and allow his contract fo expire.

Why?

Because it is crucial to have this now non-goalscoring lynchpin and fulcrum of our attack one more season.

Rather than keeping him, if we sold him for £25million + saved the circa £5mil on his wages, that is £30million.

If you dont think Everton can loan a superior player for ONE SEASON for THIRTY MILLION then you are quite insane in your love for DCL.

£30mil for a 12 month loan deal would not be rejected for any centre forwards valued at £50mil and below. Its a £577k a week fee lol

I am simply highlighting the STUPIDITY of rejecting offers for him and letting his contract expire. When the money can bring in far better players for a season it shows the ABSURDITY of choosing to hold onto him without a new deal signed.

No, because we are not loaning the players you are listing for one season regardless of the value. You’re just talking fairies and leprechauns as per usual. If you’re going to offer up suggestion make them realistic or no one will ever take you seriously.

I have said several times: he signs a deal or he’s sold.

We also wouldn’t get £25m for him now.

Newcastle aren't in Europe next season now and I think they have stiff competition to finish within that top 6/7 with Howe at the helm. Will that change his opinion?

No, because we are not loaning the players you are listing for one season regardless of the value. You’re just talking fairies and leprechauns as per usual. If you’re going to offer up suggestion make them realistic or no one will ever take you seriously.

I have said several times: he signs a deal or he’s sold.

We also wouldn’t get £25m for him now.

I see so you think that for £25mil & £5mil in wages we couldnt get a superior player to DCL for 12months.

In which case I dont believe you would actually want to sell him.

Fairies and leprachauns? Its simple mathmatics.

Educate yourself.

I see so you think that for £25mil & £5mil in wages we couldnt get a superior player to DCL for 12months.

In which case I dont believe you would actually want to sell him.

Fairies and leprachauns? Its simple mathmatics.

Educate yourself.

No, I don’t think we could get a guy in for 12 months for £25m. Since no club does that.

Lukaku or Jonathan David to Everton and you think I need educating.

Newcastle aren't in Europe next season now and I think they have stiff competition to finish within that top 6/7 with Howe at the helm. Will that change his opinion?

Newcastle have to sell apparently to remain within PSR with a few clubs sniffing around Isaak (albeit NUFC have slapped a nonsense £200m price on his head) so IF he goes, I can see an offer for DCL landing pdq

Here are the choices.

Why?

I think the problem is that we've seen our DoF squander £25 million on Beto so therefore have very little confidence that we can adequately replace DCL let alone upgrade him for what we would get in selling him.

His goal scoring record was terrible last season but even Stevie Wonder can see that he brings so much more than goals to the team.

If we had a goal scoring winger and midfielder we would be fine.

With his injury record and our financial situation there is a decent argument for selling him but in all honesty I think.we would struggle even more than last season if he goes.

The notion that we can attract Lukaku or David is for the birds.

Newcastle have to sell apparently to remain within PSR with a few clubs sniffing around Isaak (albeit NUFC have slapped a nonsense £200m price on his head) so IF he goes, I can see an offer for DCL landing pdq

If they sign DCL it will be because they have got rid of Wilson, not Isak.

Precisely.

Zatmania, right there.