2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If it's Newcastle surely they'd be a chance of getting Calum Wilson in a swop?

He's available and yes he does get 2-3 injuries a season but when he's fit he scores goals.

He's exactly the type someone like Leeds need to be in for if they're promoted so if DCL is a genuine target you'd like to think you could adjust the wages and fee and come to some sort of deal.

If it's Newcastle surely they'd be a chance of getting Calum Wilson in a swop?

He's available and yes he does get 2-3 injuries a season but when he's fit he scores goals.

He's exactly the type someone like Leeds need to be in for if they're promoted so if DCL is a genuine target you'd like to think you could adjust the wages and fee and come to some sort of deal.
Selling him to themselves in Saudi to get around psr.

Best number 9 in the league for me.

But hey, dont take just my word for it.

squawkafootball

It was 𝗗𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁 Calvert-Lewin in the derby. 💪

No player won more duels in the Merseyside derby than Dominic Calvert-Lewin (11).⁠

He's won more aerial duels and attempted more flick-ons than any other player in the Premier League this season and no one has attempted more headed shots.⁠

On his day, DCL is one of the best target men in the Premier League.​

squawkafootball

It was 𝗗𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁 Calvert-Lewin in the derby. 💪

No player won more duels in the Merseyside derby than Dominic Calvert-Lewin (11).⁠

He's won more aerial duels and attempted more flick-ons than any other player in the Premier League this season and no one has attempted more headed shots.⁠

Mate that’s because we hoof the ball more than any other team.

I’d take Wilson all day long but he’s just so injury prone.

Mate that’s because we hoof the ball more than any other team.

I’d take Wilson all day long but he’s just so injury prone.
Hes 32, this is his injury record last season.

23/24IllMay 6, 2024May 17, 202411 daysNewcastle United2
23/24Chest injuryFeb 11, 2024Apr 15, 202464 daysNewcastle United10
23/24Calf injuryDec 26, 2023Feb 1, 202437 daysNewcastle United6
23/24Hamstring injuryNov 7, 2023Dec 8, 202331 daysNewcastle United6
23/24Hamstring injurySep 24, 2023Oct 7, 202313 daysNewcastle United4

If Dom leaves, we really should replace him with somebody who would replace him in the side.

Not somebody who replaces Dele in the physio room.

Ive always dismissed Wilson cos of his injury record and you know what, if we were linked with Dom, I wouldnt be keen on him for the same reason.

Wilson scores goals, despite being constantly injured, but, he scores goals at teams not called Everton.

But hes linked with Saudi, so it seems pretty moot.

We're in the mess we're in now though, being the headline.

That mess dictates we're very close to relegation - which would put us in a mess that makes the last 3 years look like good times.
I certainly agree that rather than sell DCL cheaply it would be better to keep him for the season and risk losing him then . Hopefully by then Chermiti may be ready to replace him.

However a fee of around 35m-40m would allow us replace him and solve PSR issues at the same time.

My preferred option is he signs a new contract.

squawkafootball

It was 𝗗𝗼𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁 Calvert-Lewin in the derby. 💪⁠​

⁠​

No player won more duels in the Merseyside derby than Dominic Calvert-Lewin (11).⁠​

⁠​

He's won more aerial duels and attempted more flick-ons than any other player in the Premier League this season and no one has attempted more headed shots.⁠​

⁠​

Very impressive for a player that doesn't get any service from Dyche ball though.

I really, really hope he signs a new contract, but ive just got a feeling he fancies a move away.

The Geordies will love him, they love a big number 9 as much as we do and with the way they play on the front foot, he will score a bag full.

Really hope im wrong.

Funny story before, I told my Grandson that Arsenal might be signing Isak, he likes him, I then said that Newcastle might be signing DCL to replace him, he started crying, I tried to console him by saying we have Beto and through the tears he sobbed "But hes craaaaaaaaaaaaaap".

From the mouths of babes.

Anyway, please stay 👑