2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Presumably he must be more interested in Solanke? Worked with him at Bournemouth, doesn’t miss as many games, bit younger I think?
I presume he sees that Gordon struggled in this poor Everton side and that all DCL needs is move to a team that attempts to attack.

If DCL moves this Summer, he will score double the goals Wanklanke scores next season.

I’m sure the data experts at Newcastle have looked at it and thought ‘you know what, we have Isaak and Callum Wilson who have both missed numerous games due to injury, we really need a reliable alternative, let’s splash out on Calvert Lewin’

I think this very much explains why Ashworth wants to go to United and Dougie Freedman has turned them down at Palace.
Seems like Eddie Howe is actually in charge of transfers.

Rumour I know but if he was to leave I hope it would be for a decent fee so he can be replaced. Didn't have the best of seasons but he's still our best striker. Imagine going into next season with Beto and Maupay whilst trying to blood Chermiti.

Unfortunately if he doesn't sign a new contract we'll have to sell him on. Like it or not that's the mess we're in
If we don’t sell him I can see him putting a performance in for 6 months, and then doing everything in power not to get injured.
We are between a rock and hard place. There is no answer. We will really struggle to find a players as influencial asDCL with the money we will receive for expiring contracted DCL

Rumour I know but if he was to leave I hope it would be for a decent fee so he can be replaced. Didn't have the best of seasons but he's still our best striker. Imagine going into next season with Beto and Maupay whilst trying to blood Chermiti.
I think our best bet there is playing Chemniti combined with closing your eyes and praying to a greater being

The position we're in - I'd rather lose him for nothing and keep him next season to help us stay up, than sell for that now.

Feel the same, would be very tempted to keep and hope to get him to sign a contract mid-season if the on / off field position improves.

Even though I love Branthwaite, I'd back Dyche (and Tarkowski) to be able to bed in a decent CB replacement without too much difficulty. At his best what DCL gives to this system is very hard to replicate and losing DCL would be more risky.

But everyone's got a price I suppose. For me though, if Iwobi was 22m in a similar contract position it's 30 bare minimum for DCL.

He's worth more to us, than to buying clubs IMO. We'd need silly money to manage the risk in replacing him. £35m gets us another Beto and Chermiti.

It happens, players down at the bottom you can't be sure you can replace. Sigurdsson at Swansea is the first to come to mind.

Watch Thelwell the magician get 35 million for him somehow

We cant risk losing him for nothing.

I said before when he was in the England squad £60mil was his value...now £30mil would be reasonable due to his injuries and goal return.

I think its unfair to say we would sell him and not be able to replace easily based on Chermiti (developing) and Beto (style of play doesnt suit him).

We signed both with no money down for a year which means we likely overpaid overall and there would have been limited clubs who would agree to that deal.

In isolation if we sold DCL for £30mil then in theory we could sign a new centre forward for £50mil. Make the payments of £10mil per season over 5 years and have to come up with £10mil more in years 4 and 5.

The payments arent always due up front..in fact they rarely are.

Get £30mil+ all up front from Newcastle and perhaps we can bring in a different type of forward who makes goals for themself.