2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

If we wave a three year connie in front of him he'll snap it up. Last thing he needs as a new dad is a period of upheaval and needing to relocate elsewhere.

I’d be wary of offering him a new contract. He’s either been playing poorly or been injured for the best part of 3 years.

There’s no doubt he’s capable because we’ve seen it at the start and end of last season, we just barely ever see it.

If we get a good offer in the summer I’d consider it but I doubt we do. If not, I’d see how he starts the season before offering him a new contract.

I’d be wary of offering him a new contract. He’s either been playing poorly or been injured for the best part of 3 years.

There’s no doubt he’s capable because we’ve seen it at the start and end of last season, we just barely ever see it.

If we get a good offer in the summer I’d consider it but I doubt we do. If not, I’d see how he starts the season before offering him a new contract.

…..like it or loathe it, he’s a financial asset and you have to protect your assets.

Your post assumes he’ll sign a new deal but the closer he gets to next summer, the closer he gets to leaving for free. He’s in a fabulous position to run down his contract which he might already have decided to do, but the club needs to offer him a new deal immediately so we know where we stand.

I really, really hope he signs a new contract, but ive just got a feeling he fancies a move away.

The Geordies will love him, they love a big number 9 as much as we do and with the way they play on the front foot, he will score a bag full.

Really hope im wrong.

Funny story before, I told my Grandson that Arsenal might be signing Isak, he likes him, I then said that Newcastle might be signing DCL to replace him, he started crying, I tried to console him by saying we have Beto and through the tears he sobbed "But hes craaaaaaaaaaaaaap".

From the mouths of babes.

Anyway, please stay 👑
I thought he might like a move abroad myself.

Wonder if Chris Wood will be offered the number 9 shirt
14 goals in 31 games. As a temporary solution, he would be better than Maupay and Beto.

By that time we are in a new stadium and being bought by some African Billionaire we had never heard of and watch our problems disapear

14 goals in 31 games. As a temporary solution, he would be better than Maupay and Beto.

By that time we are in a new stadium and being bought by some African Billionaire we had never heard of and watch our problems disapear
I agree mate, I think the club should follow the same policy of purchasing older players, with little to no value.

That’ll get us out of our financial woes