2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Relatively ITK guy on The Peoples Forum saying he's heard DCL to Newcastle for £25m announced on June 1st.

If true, then I don't blame him one bit. He won't want to spend the prime of his career running around chasing scraps and getting his only supply from crosses pinged in from near halfway. Good luck to him.

It's a funny one, Dyche seems to have fixed DCL's body, but at the same time he's accelerated his departure by setting up a team where any striker can only get 10 goals a season max, if he flogs himself into the ground. The absolute opposite of Ancelotti*, who must be a strikers dream to play for.

*I am a fan of Dyche, better fit for the club than Ancelotti, but no striker will flourish here under him.

i'll take a striker who gets into double figures and leads the line. Chris wood got into double figures under dyche at burnley regular.
Calvert lewin has 5 goals from open play and has played all season. I wouldnt think its impossible to replace 5 goals from open play. In fact id say it would be bloody difficult to fail to not to.

If he isn't going to sign then we will need to sell.

But extending him is probably the cheaper option even if we have to give him a high wage, because it will cost 20m minimum (and maybe much more) for a decent centre forward.

25m is about what I'd expect with a year left although I would hope for a bit more. It gives us very little to go and spend on a good replacement.

I doubt that's the wage he's on but it's probably the wage he'd need to be on if he signed a new contract.

For me it comes down to whether or not the third line about him wanting to run down his contract is true. If it's his decision that he won't be signing then we have to take the money, as we did with Iwobi.

Even if we could get another year there's no point in having a player whose mind is on his next move next summer, especially the way Dom plays and the injuries he has would he put it all on the line next season or would he protect himself for his next fat contract?

An example is Leicester letting Tielemans wind down his contract rather than selling him with one year to go - not only did it cost them a big transfer fee, but he totally mailed it down in his final season and they got relegated.

If he wants to be here, give him a contract, if he doesn't, take the money.

If he isn't going to sign then we will need to sell.

But extending him is probably the cheaper option even if we have to give him a high wage, because it will cost 20m minimum (and maybe much more) for a decent centre forward.

25m is about what I'd expect with a year left although I would hope for a bit more. It gives us very little to go and spend on a good replacement.

Theres no doubt we need to sell if he wont extend.

Been injured so much and given us so little really, 14 league goals in 3 seasons. I expect Beto would struggle not to get that many.

As ive said many times, Id probably sell those 2 and Maupay. Keep Chermiti as 2nd choice and sign a rapid forward who can make goals for himself

15 goals from 66 games in the last 3 seasons. How will we cope?

Get shut and get the Luton lad Adebeyo in. Failing that get Armstrong from Southampton if they fail to beat Leeds on Sunday.

Either of them will be better than DCL.

Do you work for Everton recruitment by any chance? Two polar opposite strikers there as his replacement. Sounds like Everton’s remit.