2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager looked mischevious when asked about his availability by Sky Sports post match. "We'll see".

Possibly he doesn't want Brentford to have any idea which way it'll go.

TBH, I dont expect anything out of Calvert-Lewin. And I think we can find a way to get all three points next week.

I'm not sure we have the time for him to get fit, up to speed or can even count on him banging enough in to help us out, on previous evidence it has to be a serious doubt that he can bag enough?

Also, the pressure on him is gonna be immense, if there is a mental health issue and he gets back in and fails, he makes himself a target for the angst, amongst others in the team.

It's a terrible situation all round as far as football goes.

I'm no fan of him as a footballer but at the same time if the lad is suffering from issues, is this the situation he needs or even wants to jump into and its only gonna get more intense.

It was clear he was out for months, the club are stringing the fans out week by week as it keeps the pressure off about not signing a replacement.

If they’d have come out and said he was out 2/3 months from the start it looks ten times worse.
That’s exactly what it is.

Pure spin once again to try to mask the gross negligence that’s slowly strangled this club to death over a period of 20 years.

I know it's a lot of maybe's, but... Maybe Everton blocked a move he wanted in the summer (or whenever) Maybe he's rather miffed about it. Maybe someone from t'other club had a quiet word about A: Get your injuries sorted, and B: drive your price down... and if you do we'll be back in next summer, and you'll get your move.... Or permutations on that sort of thing.
Just a thought to add to the plethora in here.

I know it's a lot of maybe's, but... Maybe Everton blocked a move he wanted in the summer (or whenever) Maybe he's rather miffed about it. Maybe someone from t'other club had a quiet word about A: Get your injuries sorted, and B: drive your price down... and if you do we'll be back in next summer, and you'll get your move.... Or permutations on that sort of thing.
Just a thought to add to the plethora in here.
He's finished as a top level player unless he returns and plays well for us.

Hes too sexy for this club, too sexy for the club. So sexy it hurts his leg. Put him on the stage. BK Presents that's why they call it the blues. Starring Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies with choreography by Carlin, Darlin.
Flashdance II
dish-030217-flashdance.jpg

Tom is just offscreen, providing the, errrr, liquids

Another jokey total brush off of questions as to when he is expected back post match. I don’t know if this is because they don’t know, or whether they are being ultra careful, or whether they are protecting the player by trying to ensure there is no deadline or pressure to return if there is a mental health element.

But it’s on the verge of backfiring. It’s too cryptic. Could argue that the club don’t owe the fans anything, but I think they do. Need something to cling on to. Would rather them say at least another few weeks. At the moment it could be either next match or May 2027.
More or less word for word what I was going to type, you’re spot on.

I’m getting very tired of the cryptic ambiguity surrounding DCL and the injury, and I really don’t see how it helps him or us tbh. I really don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.